2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

53 minutes ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

Yeah those that have a pants tent for Zaven Collins will want Van Noy. I think I'd rather sign Van Noy than spend a 1st on Collins, depending on KVN's price tag.

Van noy is 30. A 30 year old Lb shouldn’t keep us from drafting anyone. 

7 hours ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

We are going to get rid of both Odell and Jarvis within the next year. It's happening this off-season or next.

I personally hope that they keep them both for another year, but this WR class is loaded. I might consider making a move this year just because of the talent available.

If it's happening this off-season or next, in light of this being a loaded WR class, why not just bite the bullet and do it now?

27 minutes ago, bruceb said:

If it's happening this off-season or next, in light of this being a loaded WR class, why not just bite the bullet and do it now?

Hey Bruce if it's true that we offered more than Arizona your going to get your wish of more defense 

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Hey Bruce if it's true that we offered more than Arizona your going to get your wish of more defense 

Between FA and trade we can substantially fix the D, and use the draft for depth on D and to grab a couple WRs.

27 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

heard it wasnt true. Reports say his guaranteed money from Arizona was the total amounts he was offered by the Browns and Colts 

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

heard it wasnt true. Reports say his guaranteed money from Arizona was the total amounts he was offered by the Browns and 

Just the fact that we were in the top 2 or 3 shows me that we will go all in on defense.

That would scare some people in organizations if we sign a top pass rusher then draft defense with are first 4 draft picks.

57 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Between FA and trade we can substantially fix the D, and use the draft for depth on D and to grab a couple WRs.

Bruce if we sign von Miller

How good due you think the defense will be if we draft defense with are 1st for picks 

Terrible behind scouting this year.

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

How good due you think the defense will be if we draft defense with are 1st for picks 

Hard to say whether using any of our 1st four picks on D will be the best use of our draft capital.

I am not a fan of drafting for need and with a handful of exceptions (e.g., JOK, Rousseau, Moehrig, etc.) I do not think that the best D players available will be the best player available.

22 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Hard to say whether using any of our 1st four picks on D will be the best use of our draft capital.

I am not a fan of drafting for need and with a handful of exceptions (e.g., JOK, Rousseau, Moehrig, etc.) I do not think that the best D players available will be the best player available.

Excellent point but if moehring drops to us that's when need meets the best on the board. 

Right now about 50 percent of mock drafts made him dropping to us

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Just the fact that we were in the top 2 or 3 shows me that we will go all in on defense.

That would scare some people in organizations if we sign a top pass rusher then draft defense with are first 4 draft picks.

it makes sense tho. we are losing no one on offense and their are no major glaring holes on offense like there were last year. Our big FA should be defense and our #1 pick should be defense 

11 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent point but if moehring drops to us that's when need meets the best on the board. 

Right now about 50 percent of mock drafts made him dropping to us

I'd be ok with Moehrig, but I'm bullish on drafting Paris Ford in the 2nd or 3rd instead. Moehrig might be better, but only by a miniscule hair, if that. For those reasons, I'm good on waiting to get our 3rd safety.

I think ultimately, we will bring in another safety and move Ronnie Harrison into a Nickel LB role.