2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

I think Pittsburgh is done for 2 years. They’ll still play us tough, but I think we will beat them. They’re in cap hell and Ben is done physically. Stefanski also exposed major holes in their defense. That really didn’t get talked about enough.

Cincinnati is growing, but not there yet.

Baltimore is our biggest competition in the division.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think Pittsburgh is done for 2 years. They’ll still play us tough, but I think we will beat them. They’re in cap hell and Ben is done physically. Stefanski also exposed major holes in their defense. That really didn’t get talked about enough.

Cincinnati is growing, but not there yet.

Baltimore is our biggest competition in the division.

even then Baltimore has major holes on their defense as well. DL is only going to get worst. Their depth in the secondary isnt good either. I think next year, its a true toss up for the division

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The guys we signed to the reserve/futures list.

Ooooooo. I forgot we stashed Alex Taylor. That's super nice. He's probably our swing tackle next year. AJ Green is a great stash too, very gifted, might be a good depth piece in year two of the system.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sonny44 said:

For starters I'd just like to get our players back; Williams, Delpit, Natson, OBJ and that Ivy tackle who sat out, showed promise I think.

Then in the draft get a burner WR.  The biggest reason we lose is because we don't stretch defenses.  Teams play us tight and get away with it because they don't fear the long pass.

After that I agree  - DEFENSE!

We were scoring in buckets the second half of the season. The main reason we lost is because our defense is made of wet tissue paper. Sure, grab a burner at some point. But that's NOT a day one, or even day two, need. The only way it would be is if we are trading OBJ or a guy like Moore falls to us at the end of 2.

Sign Mayfield guaranteed money north of Cousins,

Sign Teller highest payed guard in the league

sign ward to about 30 plus million guaranteed plus incentives based upon games played to include playoffs that make him the highest payed cornerback

Vernon 5 million guaranteed plus incentives if he is healthy.

now draft Bpa

my feeling is on this draft there is going to be somebody outstanding and do not want to draft for need over a all star.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Busted play, but Wyatt straight murdered Matthieu on this block.

I question this dudes ability to break down a play. The RG absolutely destroyed Matthieu. Also RT isn’t reach blocking, he is down blocking/cut blocking. Usually an inside stunt should take the DL out of the play but it doesn’t cause jones redirects so freaking well. Also tretter pulls around way too wide. So he has no chance at Hitchens. If hitchens is blocked that play might be something instead of nothing 

17 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Saints are 95 million over, trade for.demario davis.

I believe Davis has a cap hit of $10m next year but a dead cap hit of $17m. He would cause a bigger deficit if they moved him 

think brees retiring would save them like $15m or so 

Edited by buno67