Week by Week Winners & Losers

thebriguy90

So I'm interested in everyone's opinions week to week. I want to start this thread purely to get a feel on who you felt the winners/losers were for the respective weeks.

5 Winners

Doug Pederson - He coached a hell of a game. I mean he had to with the refs teaming with the Panthers. Watching him chase down the officials when he wanted to go for the 2 pt. conversion definitely gave me a boost in respect for him.

Carson Wentz - He just keeps coming! Wentz is continuing to prove that he is a star in the making. He is the best in the league this year on 3rd down conversions, and he is continuing to make plays whenever he can. He had a couple of mistakes, but he made some great plays as well.

Fletcher Cox (and the defensive line) - they showed that they truly are a dominant group. They were in Cam's face all night long, and were unstoppable against the run. Once we get our secondary back to full strength, I expect the sacks to pile up!

Nigel Bradham - Bradham was a force to be reckoned with last night. He was everywhere! He made some key plays on tipped passes (one that led to an interception) and tackles. It was possibly his best night as an Eagle.

The Secondary - I know, I know. They gave up some big plays, but they also came away with 3 picks. Douglas, Robinson and Mills made interceptions when they were most needed, and McCleod and Jenkins were good in coverage. The scary thing is that we still don't have Darby back yet (hopefully very soon though).

5 LOSERS
Pete Morelli & his crew - Morelli is an abomination to the sport. Found this interesting tweet from Dave Zangaro, a reporter for NBC.

DMBZ1HPUMAMmRAL.jpg

Simply put: 1 penalty for 1 yard vs 10 penalties for 126 yards is NOT allowable.

Cam Newton - Cam absolutely had a struggle last night. Our defensive line alone was able to get pressure on him all night. The only positive from the Panthers offense came from Cam, but it wasn't enough.

Ron Rivera - Maybe he should've kicked that FG after all. :D

Halapoulivaati Vaitai - He was flat out awful last night. He didn't do well in pass protection or blitz pick-up. Pray that Lane comes back sooner rather than later.

The Panthers - even with the refs favoring them with loads of penalties, they just couldn't make it happen last night. They dropped key passes, missed key blocks, and they couldn't run the ball at all.

So who are your winners and losers for this week?

I like the idea. I’m going to do one winner and one loser to streamline things for myself.

Week 6:

WINNER: Nigel. Bradham. This dude was FLYING around the field. Good tackling, good athleticism, good coverage, good instincts, sacrificing his body for the team, good discipline, playing through pain and injury... this dude showed it all. He stepped up big when Hicks went down and even made some open field plays on Cam Newton. This guy was literally all over the place.

LOSER: I feel bad doing this after a great team win but if I had to pick a loser it’d be Jalen Mills. And even Mills made some plays. But he’s still a liability. He’s too handsy. Yes some of the DPI calls were weak. But yes technically he’s making contact with the receiver where none is needed. The ball is gonna get picked but he’s hands on the WR. Why? I hold my breath every time he’s targeted (which is a lot). I’m just glad he’s got a short memory and seems to have high confidence.

6 minutes ago, Phire said:

I like the idea. I’m going to do one winner and one loser to streamline things for myself.

Week 6:

WINNER: Nigel. Bradham. This dude was FLYING around the field. Good tackling, good athleticism, good coverage, good instincts, sacrificing his body for the team, good discipline, playing through pain and injury... this dude showed it all. He stepped up big when Hicks went down and even made some open field plays on Cam Newton. This guy was literally all over the place.

LOSER: I feel bad doing this after a great team win but if I had to pick a loser it’d be Jalen Mills. And even Mills made some plays. But he’s still a liability. He’s too handsy. Yes some of the DPI calls were weak. But yes technically he’s making contact with the receiver where none is needed. The ball is gonna get picked but he’s hands on the WR. Why? I hold my breath every time he’s targeted (which is a lot). I’m just glad he’s got a short memory and seems to have high confidence.

Agreed. Mills struggled heavily last night, but I honestly attribute that to the officials too. Like you said there were some poor DPI calls that were poor, but then the same thing would happen with the Panthers corners and they were a no call.

Bradham was best last night. I honestly believe that he is more important to us than we give him credit for. I feel that we need to keep him here. No question about it.

We as a fan base always have a whupping boy. Casey Matthews, Patrick Chung, Nelson Agholor, now it's Jalen Mills. He should not be starting, fortunately I think he'll be on the bench when Ronald Darby comes back. Rasul Douglas ain't amazing, but he's played better than Mills.

How about this for losers:

cMGVeOf.png

19 minutes ago, thebriguy90 said:

Online petitions do absolutely nothing.

Winners

Blount - Once again proved he has better vision, a little quickness and the ability to run through arm tackles. Not sure who is determining the rotation but he needs to be the guy until proven otherwise. 

Front 7 depth - Kendricks/Bradham played well in Hicks absence in nickel, even Joe Walker seemed to be in good position when he played. Long/Allen/ Barnett/ Curry among others didn't skip a beat when the notables were gassed/out. 

Schwartz - Talk about a unit that seemed well coached = played well, all the smoking mirrors didn't allow a whole lot. IIRC those 3rd down conversions didn't talk place until late, 30 plays in the 4th.   

Losers

Other RBs not named Blount - Huge drop off when Blount wasn't in, I believe he sat because the personal foul, but the execution of that block was phenomenal. 

Jeffrey - Couldn't make plays when tightly covered, I thought that's why we brought him in. He's not known for getting separation but for sure making tough catches. Yes some targets were off but he seemed no factor. 

Mills - Because he's now considered a grabby CB, I could see Darby coming back and taking his spot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Week 7 Winners & Losers!

WINNERS

Carson Wentz - Wentz played a phenomenal game (minus the first couple of drives).  He continues to make plays that blow people away and break the hearts of opposing defenses. The statement made last year that he's like Peyton Manning pre-snap and Aaron Rodgers after the snap is starting to get backed up. He is making a huge case to be the MVP this year, and plays like this....

tenor.gif?itemid=10081093

make it almost IMPOSSIBLE not to vote for him.

The Defense - It took a while for the offense to get it together. Thankfully, the defense made some key plays to help them with that. One key play I keep going back to is a 3rd and 2 situation that Cousins hit Reed in the flat and Malcolm Jenkins came up and sat him down quick. He made a great play to stop the Redskins from moving down the field again. They showed up in a big way Monday night.  And once again...the Run Defense is unbeatable.

Doug Pederson - He has coached the Eagles very well this year. They are the only team in the league to get 20+ points in every game this year. If the Eagles continue to win, he has a big case to be Coach of the Year.

Derek Barnett -  He has been putting up numbers when they have given him more playing time as of late. He has 3 sacks in the last 2 games, and has been getting more pressure. He just needs to stop making some boneheaded mistakes.

LOSERS

The Redskins - Simply put: We found a broom and swept em up.

Eagles Offensive Line  - Losing Jason Peters is one of the worst things we could have had happen to us. He has been playing lights out all year and now we will need to rely on Vaitai's ability. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the Eagles making a few calls around the league before the trade deadline next Tuesday.

Eagles Running Game - Yes they got 127 yards on 33 carries on the ground. But 63 of those came from Wentz. Take away his numbers and you have 25 carries for 64 yards. Not good. The Eagles are gonna have to do a lot better through the rest of the year if they plan to put games away when they matter most.

Winners:

Wentz - no comment needed, check the tape

Hollins - Came in and made an impact right away

Schwartz - given the fact Hicks is a pillar in the defense, he still was able to put guys in position to win. 

Losers:

Torrey Smith - Mr. Invisible will be expendable if he stays on this course.  

OL - the game is too physical and fast to not come away unscathed and without good OL play the league suffers. 

NFL - It was body bag game #2, these injuries especially on MNF are not a good look. 

Archived