Week by Week Winners & Losers

thebriguy90

Week 8 Winners & Losers

WINNERS

Eagles Defense - In a sub-par day for the offense, the defense stepped up big. Mills had a truly impressive pick-6, they had 4 sacks (should be 5 but that garbage "timeout" call by the officials stole it from Long), and again made their opponent one dimensional by shutting down the run. Simply put, the offense sputtered, and the defense came through.

Alshon Jeffery - By no means was this a dominating game for Alshon, but the TD catch was exactly why the Eagles paid him $14 million this year. He went up, shook the defender and made the play. I'm still waiting to see him come through with a massive game though. Hopefully we see that soon.

Corey Clement - This one is probably not on anyone's list but my own, but nobody can deny this kid has produced when called upon. In the Giants game, he had a nice TD run. In the Chargers game he got crucial first downs to run out the clock. In the Washington game he had the best catch of the night. And this week, he was our most effective and efficient rusher. He continues to improve and continues to show people that he deserves to be in this league.

Mychal Kendricks - I think it goes without saying that all of us are thankful the Eagles didn't trade him this off season. He has stepped up big this year and is making plays. I am downright thankful to have him on the team right now and am hopeful that they can resolve this in some way where he can stay long term. He is a very talented player for us.

LOSERS

The 49ers -
0-8 says it all.

Carson Wentz - It was not his greatest day by far. He's had worse days, but it was a rough day for him overall. He had some errant throws he's lucky didn't get picked off. His touch on passes was all over the place. And he wasn't able to get away from the pressure as well as he should've. With that being said though, I honestly believe a lot of it boils down to the weather. It was nasty yesterday and it didn't help him at all.

The Run Game - While Clement was effective in his touches on the ball, everyone else was not. The Eagles need to get this sorted out if they are going to make a serious push at a deep playoff run this year. Blount was ineffective on all but 2-3 of his rushes. He keeps trying to bounce outside when he's a downhill runner. Expect the Eagles to make a call or two about some OL or RB before tomorrow.

There are my Winners and Losers.

Comment below with your take.

Winners: 

Mills played well, despite the obvious built in explanation. 

DL, every ate but still should be hungry enough for servings next Sunday

Joe Walker seemed to be in good position most of the time vs the base offense. 

Losers:

Elliott the conditions are only going to get worse 

OL we all saw how they played. 

DougieP teams will understand if he can't stay ahead of the sticks, the offense becomes very predictable. 

• 3 weeks later...

This week for me: 

Winners

The fan base, I was ecstatic to see the adjustment (Run the ball DOUG!), things are looking good for a playoff run.  

RBs - DougieP making that adjustment 

OL - All those variations of power/trap were wonderful to watch, shows we have a little smash mouth in us, great news for Dec/ January

Losers

NFC - while we allowed a beat up Cowgirls team to hang around, we showcased some dominance in the 2nd half. The rest of the NFC will have to play their A game in order to stifle this team for 4 quarters. 

Archived