3. Andre Cisco - S/Syracuse

3. Pete Werner - LB/Ohio St

3. Rashad Bateman - WR/Minnesota

4. Tyreke Smith - OLB/Ohio St

6. Brady Christenson - OL/BYU

7. Tyler Shelvin - DT/LSU

Edited by RamPackFan
  • Like 1

Not going to get into the discussion about using our first pick on a QB, but I can say I’ve seen enough of Kyle Trask, and without one of the best TE prospects we’ve seen since like Vernon Davis, he’s garbage.

That might be alittle harsh, but he is an average SEC/College QB, no thanks. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not going to get into the discussion about using our first pick on a QB, but I can say I’ve seen enough of Kyle Trask, and without one of the best TE prospects we’ve seen since like Vernon Davis, he’s garbage.

That might be alittle harsh, but he is an average SEC/College QB, no thanks. 

I can respect your analysis on Trask. ....But Goff, is in fact, Garbage and that experiment is over. I like the idea of drafting someone that can compete versus spending $ on a veteran we don't really have the cap for.  My favorite QB prospect is Zach Wilson but that's not gonna happen. 

Edited by RamPackFan

19 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

I can respect your analysis on Trask. ....But Goff, is in fact, Garbage and that experiment is over. I like the idea of drafting someone that can compete versus spending $ on a veteran we don't really have the cap for.  My favorite QB prospect is Zach Wilson but that's not gonna happen. 

But wouldn't you rather ride out Goff until we can draft a blue chip guy? I don't like the idea of getting fed up with Goff and then just getting a guy with a worse arm who is just a hair more athletic. 

36 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Pass, don't like Trask at all. No OL until the 6th is not good. A DT picked at all makes no sense to me. And a Safety over a CB I don't get. 

We already have a top 10 o-line, dude. Many people forget Rams draft strategy, don't they? When was last time we drafted an olineman high? Safety is a need as Johnson is goneski and I'll bet you we pick one with our first 3 selections. We picked 2 past draft. The DL can be Fox's replacement? Didn't really care too much about that last pick so I didn't put much thought into it. 

And corner? Why is that a priority? Williams will stay..he's our guy. Daeyon good too...cB isn't a priority more than QB. Lol 

Edited by RamPackFan

42 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

But wouldn't you rather ride out Goff until we can draft a blue chip guy? I don't like the idea of getting fed up with Goff and then just getting a guy with a worse arm who is just a hair more athletic. 

Trask is bigger tougher and more athletic in my eyes. He's not the best QB in the class by any means but he's better than what we have now I believe. Give Goff a do or die year and have Trask and wolford as a backup. Trask is better than having Bortles. 

1 hour ago, RamPackFan said:

We already have a top 10 o-line, dude. Many people forget Rams draft strategy, don't they? When was last time we drafted an olineman high? Safety is a need as Johnson is goneski and I'll bet you we pick one with our first 3 selections. We picked 2 past draft. The DL can be Fox's replacement? Didn't really care too much about that last pick so I didn't put much thought into it. 

And corner? Why is that a priority? Williams will stay..he's our guy. Daeyon good too...cB isn't a priority more than QB. Lol 

Our line is nowhere near a top 10 sorry to whoever wrote the article you're quoting. Blythe is a disaster at center and you don't have a replacement for him leaving in FA so is it Allen or Corbett or Shelton? 

Safety is far less of a need with Fuller Burgess Rapp and Scott in house already and under contract. One of our starting CB is gone though in Hill. Williams will be back for sure but Daeyon? The guy so good he wasn't active all year until this last when he got moved off the practice squad? You're counting on a PS guy who didn't play a down this year being our 3rd CB? Long hasn't shown much either since he was drafted so yeah CB is much more of a need than S especially if we can work in some return skills with him. 

You're drafting a DT that weighs 346 lbs to replace Fox as a DE? 

Sorry this still doesn't work for me 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Our line is nowhere near a top 10 sorry to whoever wrote the article you're quoting. Blythe is a disaster at center and you don't have a replacement for him leaving in FA so is it Allen or Corbett or Shelton? 

Safety is far less of a need with Fuller Burgess Rapp and Scott in house already and under contract. One of our starting CB is gone though in Hill. Williams will be back for sure but Daeyon? The guy so good he wasn't active all year until this last when he got moved off the practice squad? You're counting on a PS guy who didn't play a down this year being our 3rd CB? Long hasn't shown much either since he was drafted so yeah CB is much more of a need than S especially if we can work in some return skills with him. 

You're drafting a DT that weighs 346 lbs to replace Fox as a DE? 

Sorry this still doesn't work for me 

Ok..care to make a friendly wager? I bet you they pick a safety before they go o-line. I will also bet you they don't even address Oline until after at least 3 picks. 

Also, I like Rapp but he's doo doo. A huge liability in coverage. 

Edited by RamPackFan

2 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Trask is bigger tougher and more athletic in my eyes. He's not the best QB in the class by any means but he's better than what we have now I believe. Give Goff a do or die year and have Trask and wolford as a backup. Trask is better than having Bortles. 

Bro Trask is good and accurate especially on the run. But his arm strength concerns me. 

I don’t like him enough to draft him that high. Mac Jones seems a better option or Trey Lance if he falls. 

also we need to shore up on OL. We have good safeties in Fuller, Burgess, Rapp. No need to spend a high pick on safety again

I can't disagree on any of the players. But I don't think Shelvin falls that far. I love Trask, but he's a statue in the pocket. I know a lot of people want somebody more mobile. Trask reminds me a lot of Matt Schaub. Underwhelming arm strength, but he has great touch and knows exactly where to go with the ball.

No safety in round 2. Even though we likely lose JJIII, we are getting back Rapp and Burgess. Rams typically draft one year ahead of need. So Burgess was planned with JJIII departure in mind.

We need ILB, QB, Deep Threat WR, and LT depending on Whit. I'd like to see a season of Whit, Evans, Corbett, Edwards, Havenstein before I draft high on IOL again. We had a middle of the road offensive line this year with some lapses and some great games. Not worth the knee jerk early investment coming off a bad game vs. GB. 

I'd love to see us go for Clowney next FA. He needs a payday and we have a track record of pumping pass rushers numbers behind Donald.