FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 3) (Drafting Now)

Mr. bDoDDleS

• 2 months later...

Announcement about the future of Elite.

Currently our keepers are set at 15 with various cut downs during our offseason. Through league discussions I’ve discovered there is a great deal of interest in moving to a full dynasty format. It is with this thought that I am going to move forward with a plan to get to that place.

We will not move to dynasty in 2023 as I don’t feel it is fair to dump dynasty on people who have traded picks that would be the final draft before dynasty. We will move to 20 keepers this offseason following the draft. What this means is we will cut down to 15, draft and then you will plan for 20 keepers in the 23-24 offseason.

Following the 2024 draft (Late Winter/Early Spring 2024) we will move to dynasty. 2024 draft picks are not currently available to be dealt so this should not cause issues there.

Important dates

1 week following the 2022 World Series – Cut to 20 keepers

January 1 2023 – Cut to 15 Keepers

February 1 2023 – 2023 draft begins

January 1 2024 – Cut to 20 Keepers

February 1 2024 – 2024 draft begins

February 1 2025 – First Annual Elite First Year Player draft (This draft will allow owners to draft any player with no major league at bats)

@Lions017 @Sllim Pickens

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

@everyone  
I want to reach out to everyone and see if there is interest in changing the minor league keeper eligibility rules prior to moving over the league year. It’s not lost on me that the rules are confusing many people and that many of you didn’t actually make decisions with the rule in mind because there isn’t perfect understanding of it. 

If we changed it we would make it a set PA/AB limit and that would be the simple test. 

I am not making this decision without full acceptance from our members. I don’t want anyone pissed because they kept someone down only for the rule to change. For instance, I kept Gunnar down so I wouldn’t need to have him be an MLB keeper. I’m not going to stop the rule changing if it’s the will of the group but if someone else has a similar situation and they say screw that I totally understand. If you don’t want to be the discord naysayer feel free to DM me privately.  

Any player that doesn’t meet the PA/AB but was kept down will be grandfathered in. 

Please respond to this how you feel about changing.

@Lions017 thoughts?

7 hours ago, crab1106 said:

@everyone  
I want to reach out to everyone and see if there is interest in changing the minor league keeper eligibility rules prior to moving over the league year. It’s not lost on me that the rules are confusing many people and that many of you didn’t actually make decisions with the rule in mind because there isn’t perfect understanding of it. 

If we changed it we would make it a set PA/AB limit and that would be the simple test. 

I am not making this decision without full acceptance from our members. I don’t want anyone pissed because they kept someone down only for the rule to change. For instance, I kept Gunnar down so I wouldn’t need to have him be an MLB keeper. I’m not going to stop the rule changing if it’s the will of the group but if someone else has a similar situation and they say screw that I totally understand. If you don’t want to be the discord naysayer feel free to DM me privately.  

Any player that doesn’t meet the PA/AB but was kept down will be grandfathered in. 

@Lions017 thoughts?

Regarding your point about people mad they kept someone down, another option is to have that be the rule going forward but use the old rules for this years keepers.  That is if someone is mad about that.  That way people can't be mad at changing rules in the middle and we get to a rule in the future that makes sense.  

If 

On 10/14/2022 at 8:23 AM, crab1106 said:

@everyone  

@Lions017 thoughts?

What would the limit be - like rookie eligibility or something? I think it's a good idea in principle, but is there a way for Fantrax to track that? I think that's part of what makes it so confusing already. 

While I'm at it, if anyone checks here I'd love to make some trades. If you need some pitching I have some guys that I would move for what feels like pennies on the dollar (in terms of draft picks) just to clean up my roster a bit and get under the keeper limit. Let me know. I'm also looking for an outfielder. 

12 hours ago, Lions017 said:

If 

What would the limit be - like rookie eligibility or something? I think it's a good idea in principle, but is there a way for Fantrax to track that? I think that's part of what makes it so confusing already. 

While I'm at it, if anyone checks here I'd love to make some trades. If you need some pitching I have some guys that I would move for what feels like pennies on the dollar (in terms of draft picks) just to clean up my roster a bit and get under the keeper limit. Let me know. I'm also looking for an outfielder. 

My recommendation is - To qualify for rookie status, a player must not have exceeded 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues, or have accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club(s), excluding time on the injured list or in military service 

Fantrax won’t track anything but I think removing the rules around call ups will remove the confusion. 

I’ll post your trade block on discord for you. 

15 hours ago, crab1106 said:

My recommendation is - To qualify for rookie status, a player must not have exceeded 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues, or have accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club(s), excluding time on the injured list or in military service 

Fantrax won’t track anything but I think removing the rules around call ups will remove the confusion. 

I’ll post your trade block on discord for you. 

Thanks. 

I get that - those feel like good eligibility requirements, I just worry that it will be tricky to keep track of. 

• 1 month later...