Ravens to release RB Mark Ingram

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Dome said:

Dude brought so much energy to the Saints... it took them a few games without him to figure out how to find that tor themselves again.

It was the same in Baltimore. When he was replaced in the lineup and couldn’t be that energy bringer for our offense as he was last season, you could the young guys struggling to get their bearings some. He was such an energy guy and leader. Once he eventually accepted his role as a backup, you could see him back to being the hype man on the bench getting the young guys going. Love to see it. Hopefully he gets a fat deal as a broadcaster once he decides to hang them up.

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Is he better than Gore and Peterson because they are old and they are still getting jobs?

I think he’s a better receiver than those two at this point. He seems to still be a pretty strong runner. He’s always been a good pass blocker and excellent teammate. I think he can still have a lengthy career as a backup/COP like Gore and Peterson, he’s can do a bit of everything. 

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Certainly wouldn’t be against him getting a ring. Love that dude for the leadership he brought to our offense last season.

early career Ingram was one of my least favourite Saints players and late Saints-career Ingram was one of my favourites. Great energy and passion.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Is he better than Gore and Peterson because they are old and they are still getting jobs?

Definitely better than those two, but from what I saw (at least compared to Dobbins and Gus Edwards) he just looks really slow and doesn't break very many tackles this year. Not sure why or how, but from what I (and evidently the team as well) saw, he doesn't have much left to offer a team that you couldn't get from a rookie/FA guy.