We won but... disgusting officiating vent thread

Phire

Yeah, I don't think this need to be discussed any further. It was a poorly called game, but Mills gives officials a reason to make a call because he grabs every time. There were also some stupid penalties like Barnett knocking over Newton on a dead ball.  We got the win still, that's all that matters, future games wont as bad as that.

3 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

I said in the GDT we were due for a bad officiating game. A lot of the calls went on panthers' favor.

I dont remember the exact number but we had over 100 yds in penalties and the panthers only a pathetic 1 yd

Their whole offense were penalties. 

Just now, BLick12 said:

Yeah, I don't think this need to be discussed any further. It was a poorly called game, but Mills gives officials a reason to make a call because he grabs every time. There were also some stupid penalties like Barnett knocking over Newton on a dead ball.  We got the win still, that's all that matters, future games wont as bad as that.

If we get the same crew it could be just as bad again, they’ve been shafting us for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

If we get the same crew it could be just as bad again, they’ve been shafting us for some reason.

Someone posted it in another thread but he's reffed 4 of our games , none in Philly , And called an INSANE amount of penalties on us and barely any on our opponent.

This isn't some conspiracy. I think this dude is legitimately calling games poorly and one sided for some reason we dont know.

But I think it should be looked into by the NFL. The last thing it needs is a Tim Donaghy-like reffing scandal (not saying Morinelli (sp) is Donaghy in stripes.. But it's obvious this guy has been calling games poorly against us. 

last night's officiating was a disgrace. Never seen such bad reffing since the replacement refs tbh. And no one even seems to bring up how they robbed us of a free hail Mary play at the end of the first half, and on the lone penalty on Carolina on our PAT, where the ref literally tried getting away with just enforcing it on the kickoff rather than give Doug a choice to move forward and go for 2. Doug was HEATED. Good to see him get like that. 

Everyone else knows the other terrible calls. The no call on Thompson for throwing Blount to the ground after the play was dead. The DPI on Mills (IDC If  Mills was hugging the dude, it was uncatchable. Hell, even Romo was baffled by the call). The DPI called on us that allowed Carolina to continue their drive where they got the TD with McCaffrey. No call on a clear DPI on Alshon that would have turned a 4th and long into 1st down on a crucial drive. 

And it's sad because No one will go out of their way in the media or anywhere to bring it up because we won. 

Never in history of the NFL has there been a team with more than 120 penalty yards and the other with less than 10. 

Apparently the team (Both the players and staff/FO) is pretty pissed about it, justifiably so. I hope the NFL looks into Morelli. 

I didn't notice the holding that much, but how they called PI was ridiculous! Seemed like our DBs couldn't even breath on their behemoth WRs meanwhile Panthers DBs were able to get away with a healthy amount of contact (which I wouldn't want to/think should be called under normal circumstances).

48 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I didn't notice the holding that much, but how they called PI was ridiculous! Seemed like our DBs couldn't even breath on their behemoth WRs meanwhile Panthers DBs were able to get away with a healthy amount of contact (which I wouldn't want to/think should be called under normal circumstances).

Here’s one bad one:

5 hours ago, BLick12 said:

Yeah, cause hopefully Morelli won't be officiating any Eagles games for a while (or at all would be nice too).

Archived