TCMD(2021)

RedGold

isnt Hill already on a contract extension? If we need money cut Thompson, Hardman, Watkins, and bring in some rookies. I know Clark does well in the playoffs, but he doesn't show up much in the regular season, I would look at restructuring him. Also, I will try to join whatever this is, but don't expect me to crunch numbers :D

22 hours ago, Kirill said:

Eric Fisher is done being anything other than mediocre. This is when smart teams see the writing on the wall trade him and move on. He's got a year left on his deal maybe we can swing him for a Watkins replacement or just get some draft capital out of a trash team looking to build from the inside out.

I might agree with this, we have been playing with house money on the offensive line, we should start drafting others in their place

1 hour ago, HolmesPriest said:

I might agree with this, we have been playing with house money on the offensive line, we should start drafting others in their place

One of the focal points of the season for me was in the Saints game when Mahomes got lit up from the blindside after being pressured all game by the same scrub... and finally went off on Fisher for it.

It's time to turn the page and start a new chapter at the LT position. Fisher fell off a substantial amount this season, he's not going to get better. Extending him should be the last thing on anyones mind. I'm more comfortable starting the season with Niang even though he's an unknown commodity. He played over 1000 snaps in college and didn't allow a single sack. And he's had like 2 years to rehab the hip. Much rather roll with him and let him progress as the season goes on than watch Fisher break down over the season again and put Mahomes at risk.

Edited by Kirill

So what I’m getting,  is we wouldn’t mind losing Fisher/Schwartz.    I’m not sure if I would straight up cut either, or be okay with losing both. 

But how about we put both on the trade block and see what offers we get?    If they’re good trade offers on one,  that might help us decide on which one we roll forward with? 

11 hours ago, HolmesPriest said:

isnt Hill already on a contract extension? If we need money cut Thompson, Hardman, Watkins, and bring in some rookies. I know Clark does well in the playoffs, but he doesn't show up much in the regular season, I would look at restructuring him. Also, I will try to join whatever this is, but don't expect me to crunch numbers :D

Thompson/Hardman.  Don’t really account for much,  if we cut loose we’d have to replace them.. and the amount of cap we gain from cutting them would only be used on the replacement.  

Hill was already extended,  but just for a few years.  This would pretty much tie Mahomes/Hill/Kelce together for the next 3-4 years.  

We can look at restructuring Clark,  my only issue is we are almost to the breaking even point of his contract.   If we restructure he’s guaranteed to be here another 2-3 years.   Right now,  it’s not unthinkable we move on from Clark after 2021.

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

So what I’m getting,  is we wouldn’t mind losing Fisher/Schwartz.    I’m not sure if I would straight up cut either, or be okay with losing both. 

But how about we put both on the trade block and see what offers we get?    If they’re good trade offers on one,  that might help us decide on which one we roll forward with? 

I'd love to keep both. But it's going to be a cap/injury/age issue before too long, if it isn't already.

I agree, don't cut either but see if there's any trade offers for now.

• Like 1

Not sure I agree to the Fisher comments so far. He never was elite, but he gets the job done and usually is a force downfield.
Schwartz on the other hand ... I don't think he'll come back the same he was, and I doubt you'll get anything for him in return.

But if you want to check out the market, fine. But I'd prefer we make our own decisions and don't leave it to other teams.

• Like 1

I’m on board with regarding Fisher @KC_Guy.  I don’t believe we replace him as easily as some think.    I don’t want to trade him,  but it seems some want to keep Schwartz, some want to keep Fisher.   Personally I would keep both, if we can’t trade either.   Both on 1 year deals,  puts us in position to let Niang settle in.  

Im not all that worried about cap, as long as people don’t want to go crazy in FA. 

We can free enough money up with extensions to keep;   ERFA, Ward, Pringle, Dar. Williams.  Along with most likely Tanoh, Taco, Pennel.   And we would have to make a decision between LB Wilson, C Reiter, OL Remmers.   Might be able to get 2 of those guys back

I’m on board with regarding Fisher @KC_Guy.  I don’t believe we replace him as easily as some think.    I don’t want to trade him,  but it seems some want to keep Schwartz, some want to keep Fisher.   Personally I would keep both, if we can’t trade either.   Both on 1 year deals,  puts us in position to let Niang settle in.  

Im not all that worried about cap, as long as people don’t want to go crazy in FA. 

We can free enough money up with extensions to keep;   ERFA, Ward, Pringle, Dar. Williams.  Along with most likely Tanoh, Taco, Pennel.   And we would have to make a decision between LB Wilson, C Reiter, OL Remmers.   Might be able to get 2 of those guys back

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it'd be cheaper to let Dar. Williams walk and then try to re-sign him if we wanted. I don't see him being a hot commodity.

19 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it'd be cheaper to let Dar. Williams walk and then try to re-sign him if we wanted. I don't see him being a hot commodity.

Correct,  really him and Pringle we could attempt to not tender and get back cheaper.  

Ward is really the only RFA we should for sure tag,    Pringle is a toss up.  

I don't know how this matters, but it appears the team is ready to sign Justin Britt to a reserve/futures contract. Britt was injured in 2019 and has not played since. Prior to that he started at C, OG and OT for the Seahawks, including in a Super Bowl. If healthy enough, he could be an answer at C.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_host_c_justin_britt_on_visit/s1_14819_33875735

J

I have a team interested in Mitchell Schwartz.   Didn’t figure it’d take long.

I put a 4th as the asking price.   Is everyone okay with this?

I wa swiling to let him go for free  ... as long as you get more than a bag of peanuts  ... it's a plus. Who is it.

Edited by KC_Guy