TCMD(2021)

RedGold

Washington's GM switched to a 4th straight up for the trade down.      I don't think we really need anymore picks,   was really only interested if we could flip into the 3rd Round.

We can go ahead and make the pick.

Cosmi
Bateman
Marshall
Basham (I like too many edge guys in this draft to take a low floor guy this high)   Unless we get multiple votes.

You get pick 40 and pick 82 (round 3 pick 19) - 680

We get 31 and 175 (Round 5 pick 31) - 622

I ended up taking this offer, they changed their mind.    I didn’t want to tick anyone off by taking a guy. Didn’t seem like anyone was around, and didn’t want anyone to feel slighted 

57 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I ended up taking this offer, they changed their mind.    I didn’t want to tick anyone off by taking a guy. Didn’t seem like anyone was around, and didn’t want anyone to feel slighted 

That's a good deal for us, and they get their QB. Win-win.

Of the 1st round rated players left, I think Bateman is the only one who deserves the distinction. However, at #40 consider Rondale Moore. He's small and has an injury history, but he's perfect for our yards-after-catch system. He also can take of PR and KR, so Hardman doesn't take time away from learning routes and such. 

Seriously consider Creed Humphrey. He's a true C and we need one. 

Among the OT, leatherwood would be an OG. Some here like Radunz, but even #40 is a bit rich. Little is another for #63. He was an opt-out who has not played since an injury in 2019. Cosmi is more RT, at least at first. Pass Pro is not his forté.

The other way to go is DE, with several decent choices. Spagnuolo likes the long and lean ones. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk

Since we're 9 spots out, here's my top 10 in case I'm not around to give input.

Terrace Marshall Jr - BPA right now imo

Carlos Basham Jr - Can use a year to improve his skillset, but would immediately upgrade our pass rush

Sam Cosmi - LT for the future

Walker Little - LT for the future

Jackson Carman - Compete at OT or G

Josh Myers - IOL depth and take over for Kilgore in 2022

Creed Humphrey - IOL depth and take over for Kilgore in 2022

Dylan Moses - Rotational/situational, starter in 2022

Nick Bolton - Rotational/situational, starter in 2022

Shaun Wade - Value too good to not include for a CB/S hybrid role

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

@kingseanjohn  you were right on Marshall,   

Tampa Bay just took him at 32.    That's on me,   I didn't think he'd go that high.

No worries, it looks like I'm the only one high on him. I think he should go 17-25ish in real life. But I wouldn't be surprised if he falls into the 2nd. The depth of this class makes it a little harder to justify taking one in the 1st outside of the consensus top 2-3 guys.

• Like 1

I agree about Basham, but Jones is good too. He gets knocked because he is strictly a 4-3 DE, but we don't mind. 

Little and Cosmi at #63 perhaps. Too rich here. Carman, not even then. Likewise Myers. 

Moses is a 2 down LB. This is much too high. Bolton would make sense, except he plays the same position Gay does. 

Don't like Wade for a while. He's a SS/ST guy, which we need, but this is much too rich. Holland is a better version of the same thing. 

Those three round #3 picks are looking nice.

Any of you have thoughts on;  Dayo Odeyingbo.  

He’s a guy I’m starting to dig in the 2nd round,   Seems like a type Spags would cover.    I like Basham as well,  round 1 was just a bit early IMO.     I like Jones too,  just have Dayo slightly higher 

LB:  I’m still liking McGrone,  Jamin Davis, and Jabril Cox.   McGrone might be able to fill MLB eventually, but all could push for PT behind Damien Wilson sometime this year. 

Edited by samsel23

Up again in 5 picks.    @onejayhawk @kingseanjohn @KC_Guy

Recent picks;

WAS 31 QB       D-0277 Mac Jones
TB 32 WR       D-0398 Terrace Marshall Jr.
JAC 33 LT       D-0011 Alex Leatherwood
SF 34 WR       D-0348 Rashod Bateman
ATL 35 S       D-0220 Jevon Holland

WR -  Rondale Moore ,  Kadarius Toney
OT - Samuel Cosmi,  Walker Little,  Liam Eichenberg, Dillon Radunz
LB - Nick Bolton,  Cameron McGrone
Edge - Carlos Basham, Joseph Ossai, Patrick Jones
C-  Creed Humphrey

Odd ball picks:   Travis Etienne,  Brevin Jordan

I'd probably go;  Cosmi,  Radunz, Basham, Humphrey, Jordan.

Don't really like either LB in this range.

Edited by samsel23

Toney over Moore. RM is more elusive, but he may have trouble staying healthy.
I'm OK with OT, though we can wait. 
McGrone over Bolton
Edge players in the order listed. 
Like the idea of Jordan but we have three picks in round #3 for a developmental TE.

Basham, Humphrey, Toney. one of them ought to be there.

8 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Don't  really get it as some guys wanted Bateman and others seemed ok with him. Well, now he's gone and we start all over again. As I have no clue about the OL I'll stay out of it - but one thing is sure: I don't want another smallish WR like Moore.