TCMD(2021)

RedGold

Up in 3 picks.    I'm probably going to take Basham,   I think that's the most universally accepted pick between us all.

7 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Don't  really get it as some guys wanted Bateman and others seemed ok with him. Well, now he's gone and we start all over again. As I have no clue about the OL I'll stay out of it - but one thing is sure: I don't want another smallish WR like Moore.

That's probably who I was going to pick,   though I didn't like King had another WR above him.    If we didn't have a good trade offer,  I wouldn't have reacted so quickly.     I don't like a small WR this early either,  it's a possibility later...   I really don't want Hardman to return kicks anymore,    Ray-Ray McCloud can handle it well if we don't find someone,   but he's not good for much else.    Less fun now,  but the 3rd Round will be action packed.

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Up in 3 picks.    I'm probably going to take Basham,   I think that's the most universally accepted pick between us all.

I'm not sure we even discussed Basham or Moore when we discussed #31 and found like 5 guys we were looking at - of which 3 are still available - and now we come up with completely different ideas because of what?

Ok, saw you already picked him .. now I'm lost.

Edited by KC_Guy

5 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

I'm not sure we even discussed Basham or Moore when we discussed #31 and found like 5 guys we were looking at - of which 3 are still available - and now we come up with completely different ideas because of what?

Ok, saw you already picked him .. now I'm lost.

King had him as his #2 guy at 31.     onejayhawk had him as the top edge  when I listed the guys on the previous page.

But as KC said,   I did pick Basham,    from the previous page.... it seemed like that's the guy that most agreed upon the most.

Draft Picks

2.40 -   Carlos Basham Jr. -   DE -  Wake Forest

Round 5 Bids tonight.  I currently have; 

DT PJ Johnson -  no affect on cap
DT Trevon Coley - no affect on cap
DT Tyler Clark - no affect on cap

S Daniel Sorensen

These moves will put us with a whopping;   $272,308 in available cap space.      We will gain some back once he removes the full draft pick total from accounting towards cap tho.   

Anyone disagree or want something else?  Mainly just filling up the DT room since we’re more than solid there, and bringing Sorensen back 

I'm fine with Basham. There is no such thing as too many pass rushers.

At #63, look for the best C, OT, WR and LB. Any of Cosmi, Little, Radunz at OT. Moore and Moore at WR, Browning McGrone. First choice--Creed humphrey.

I understand filling up the 90, but why three DT? 

Getting Sorensen back will plug a small hole, but we need to draft someone of his type--run support/ST oriented.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

At #63, look for the best WR and LB

I understand filling up the 90, but why three DT? 

Getting Sorensen back will plug a small hole, but we need to draft someone of his type--run support/ST oreiented.

J

I’m thinking LB, WR, or OT.   If Cosmi or Radunz fall.  They’d be hard not to pick.  There’s still a ton out there though.  Center is definitely an option

Eh mainly 3 DT’s because I liked all 3 and none of them counted against the cap.    8 total DT’s on a 90 man is about right.  Don’t want Jones/Nnadi doing much in preseason.  I’m okay with changing them though. 

Yeah I still wouldn’t take S totally off the board,  it would be nice to keep most of the secondary intact though,  only losing Breeland to a very solid group is a plus. 

Edited by samsel23

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

I’m thinking LB, WR, or OT.   If Cosmi or Radunz fall.  They’d be hard not to pick.  There’s still a ton out there though.  Center is definitely an option

Eh mainly 3 DT’s because I liked all 3 and none of them counted against the cap.    8 total DT’s on a 90 man is about right.  Don’t want Jones/Nnadi doing much in preseason.  I’m okay with changing them though. 

Yeah I still wouldn’t take S totally off the board,  it would be nice to keep most of the secondary intact though,  only losing Breeland to a very solid group is a plus. 

Completely agree about the secondary. That's why Sneed was such a big deal. We have a CB1 and we got him on day #3. Plus we have Keyes, who is a more typical day #3 CB. 

With Humphrey gone, chances of a good OT are better. Still, we have 19 picks to go. 

J

12 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Humphrey and Dickerson gone #43 and #44 ... Rondale Moore #45

Wondering if there may be OLB help in FA ... Malcolm Smith someone?

We have about $272,308  left if we win the bid on Sorensen.     And even the Sorensen Cap hit is $1.7 for 2021.    That's as low as I could get it,  while still reaching the yearly salary.    

Out of that $272,308,       $184,339 will be needed for the rookies.    

So that's really $87,969 left,       with the lowest 51st player equaling  780,000.       So $867,969  is the highest we could go on a 2021 cap hit without going negative.

That's if we all still want Sorensen.       Our work in FA with any above 780k  is pretty much done, unless we cut someone.

Negative,   I was just trying to get him before we were bidding against other teams.     2-3 Mil per year is right around what Sorensen is worth.

I'll take it off,   He'll drop 10% each round which isn't much.

I'm probably removing all the other bids also,      even if they're below the 51 the Signing Bonus is counting against the cap...  which is weird.    We may just sit this round out,   we don't really have major holes,  just some that could improve

18 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Negative,   I was just trying to get him before we were bidding against other teams.     2-3 Mil per year is right around what Sorensen is worth.

I'll take it off,   He'll drop 10% each round which isn't much.

I'm probably removing all the other bids also,      even if they're below the 51 the Signing Bonus is counting against the cap...  which is weird.    We may just sit this round out,   we don't really have major holes,  just some that could improve

Why skip on Sorensen? Just because I made a suggetsion that isn't financially feasible right now?

Edited by KC_Guy