TCMD(2021)

RedGold

I don’t like Nico Collins or Seth Collins in our offense.  They’re deep threats,  but they arent smooth athletes.  I don’t think they can get open in the intermediate, which is what we really need.  
 Won’t argue Terry isn’t a risk,  but you take out 1 or 2 of those flaws and he’s probably a top 15 pick.     Andy knows how to coach different personalities,  and I’d attribute some of his drop issues from having terrible QB play.  

ISR is a guy I like, but not at X.  He really needs to add some weight.  I’m not sure I like him much more than a guy like Tutu Atwell or Jaelen Darden,  and I think that’s the role he plays.    

Love Odeyingbo,   Honestly he’s right with Basham on my board.    I kind of like wish we let one our DE’s leave and put that money somewhere else now.    Odeyingbo, Ogundeji, Shaka Toney, Quincy Roche, and a couple other edges still on the board. 

I think you mean Seth Williams. I can see your point with him. Not so much with Collins. It's hard to say, because of the lack of video. 

If Terry had, say, Amon-Ra St Brown's skills, he would not be top 15, he'd be first WR taken. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Can the coaching in an ACC school be that bad? 

I agree. ISR is not an X. That does not mean he doesn't bring something new to the team. I totally agree he needs bulk, but he is not a Tutu Atwell. He has the frame to gain 20 pounds of muscle and keep his speed. He has also given the kind of production Terry has not. I would take him and Terry or Collins, and let Meinerz ride for a bit. 

Point taken about the depth of Edge. Let's revisit in 15 picks.

J

I’m probably going Meinerz / Terry.   Unless something changes in the next 2 picks.   We haven’t given much to kcguy yet,  and I know he liked both.   

I won’t forget about Ihmir though.  Part of me wonders why he hasn’t already gained the weight though,  Iowa has one of the better S&C programs in college.     Florida State has been a mess since Jimbo left,  I think that’s why you’re seeing a ton of these Juniors leave that don’t have the greatest production.  

I would rule out any of TE, CB, or OL.  Heck another WR wouldn’t be the worst.

Yeboah - TE
Kelvin Joseph - CB
Chazz Surratt - WLB
Odeyingbo - DE
Ihmir - WR
Jaylon Moore OT
Andre Cisco - S
Hamsah Nursomerhing - S
Jaelen Darden - WR (he definitely locks up returning duties)

Away from the phone.  That’s just a few that I know haven’t been picked that I liked.  

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Would anyone be opposed to releasing Dorian O’Daniel and/or Armani Watts to free up some space to bring Demarcus Robinson back?    I think I like it,  but understand if people are ready to move on from him 

If you want to bring in another free agent WR: Kendrick Bourne from SF. Guess you wouldn't even have to release someone to get him. Young, productive guy. Would have liked Tyrell Williams, but he went last round (for 4 M$ ... ouch).

Other free agents to think about are CB Pierre Desir, OGs Nick Easton and Patrick Omameh.

Edited by KC_Guy

7 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

If you want to bring in another free agent WR: Kendrick Bourne from SF. Guess you wouldn't even have to release someone to get him. Young, productive guy. Would have liked Tyrell Williams, but he went last round (for 4 M$ ... ouch).

Other free agents to think about are CB Pierre Desir, OGs Nick Easton and Patrick Omameh.

Was more about only having 2 WR’s that aren’t new.  At least this way we’d have 3 guys that have been in the offense before.  I’d probably rather draft a guy than Bourne tbh,  just suggested it to keep consistency.  

I have Easton in the sheet to bid on.      I’ll see where that puts us cap wise 

5 picks until we're up.     Picks since our last selections.

DET 84 43DT       D-0211 Jay Tufele DT
TEN 85 CB       D-0251 Kelvin Joseph CB
SF 86 TE       D-0465 Tommy Tremble TE
LAR 87 CB       D-0175 Ifeatu Melifonwu CB
LAR 88 WR       D-0018 Amon-Ra St. Brown WR

S:   Andre Cisco,    Hamsah Nasirildeen
CB:  DJ Daniel , Olaijah Griffin,  Bryce Thompson, Aaron Robinson
TE:  Kenny Yeboah,  Hunter Long,  Noah Gray
LB:  Chazz Surratt, Pete Werner, Jamin Davis
IOL:  Trey Hill,  Kendrick Green, Deonte Brown
OT: Jaylon Moore, Josh Ball (  he's listed at 350 lbs,  he's definitely like 300 lbs)
WR: Tylan Wallace,  Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Nico Collins, Seth Williams
DE: Dayo Odeyingbo,  Shaka Toney
DT: Tommy Togiai,  

Strictly value.   I think it'd go;

Odeyingbo
Surratt
Togiai
Cisco
Yeboah

Thoughts?

Odeyingbo was my suggestion. If we did not take Basham with the first pick, he'd be a no-brainer. The top three values are all at positions of depth.

That said, I lean to Yeboah. He's a decent value at a position which we have no depth and is a thin position in the draft pool. 

J

• Like 1