TCMD(2021)

RedGold

17 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

I wa swiling to let him go for free  ... as long as you get more than a bag of peanuts  ... it's a plus. Who is it.

He still has plenty of value.  It’s why I didn’t want to cut him.  NYG are interested, I’ll have them make an offer.  

I doubt we can get more than a 4th,  he’s a 30 year old on a 1 year contract.  But we can be patient.  I would advise against cutting him for nothing though.  Teams are always looking for OL. 

I would definitely wait to see if there are more players.

The Giants only have their base seven picks, plus a 6th rounder, so any pick is valuable. Trading up in round three is worth as much than their fourth round pick. I would offer #95 and Schwartz for #76 and one of their 6ths. It's actually worth a bit more than their 4th.

J

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Current offer is Mitchell Schwartz for Pick 115th.    They would accept this right now.

I did shoot over the 3rd round pick swap +6th offer   J.   I'll see what they say.

In for both  ... would actually prefer the fourth straight up

Throwback time  ... last year's TCMD draft picks:

1ST Rnd - Pick 32 | Overall: 32 | KC selects Ezra Cleveland - OT
2ND Rnd - Pick 24 | Overall: 56 | KC selects Jaylon Johnson - CB
2ND Rnd - Pick 26 | Overall: 58 | KC selects Brandon Aiyuk - WR
4TH Rnd - Pick 12 | Overall: 115 | KC selects Anthony McFarland Jr. - RB
4TH Rnd - Pick 32 | Overall: 135 | KC selects Lynn Bowden Jr. - WR
5TH Rnd - Pick 27 | Overall: 173 | KC selects Alex Taylor - OT
6TH Rnd - Pick 6 | Overall: 186 | KC selects Cameron Clark - OG
6TH Rnd - Pick 8 | Overall: 188 | KC selects Tyre Phillips  - OG

Cleveland was drafted in the 2nd round by Minnesota, started 9 games at RG.
Johnson was drafted in the 2nd round by Chicago and started 13 games at CB.
Aiyuk was drafted in the 1st round by SF and had a great rookie season for them with 750 yards receiving.
McFarland was drafted in the 4th round by PIT but was buried on the depth chart. He only had 33 rushes this year.
Bowden was drafted by Miami in the 3rd round and saw heavy action from week 12, tallying 40 yds/game for the last 5 weeks of the season.
Taylor obviously didn't make it to the NFL ...
Clark was drafted by the Jets in the 4th round but didn't play this year.
Phillips was drafted by Baltimore in the 3rd round and started 8 regular season games for them, despite spending some time on IR.

Overall - a REALLY good haul .. we should apply for some of the GM spots ... ;-). Only miss is Taylor.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, samsel23 said:

Current offer is Mitchell Schwartz for Pick 115th.    They would accept this right now.

I did shoot over the 3rd round pick swap +6th offer   J.   I'll see what they say.

I would do it as well. The fun with tcmd is FA and draft, so it's better to have cap and picks 🙂

Hopefully Niang can compete which an acquisition, whether through FA or draft 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Pit has interest in Martinas Rankin and Damien Williams.  

Thoughts on James Washington or Terrell Edmunds ?   Would most likely be a player for player deal. 

Edmunds is good. He would play in the Sorensen role but he's better in coverage.

Washington is pretty bad as far as I know. 

It's impossible to get too many DB who are good in coverage. That said, Edmunds skillset is pretty much the same as Thornhill's, but not as good. Sorensen's skillset is different. Washington is not great, but he's usable depth. We could let Robinson go, which a lot of us want anyway. 

On our side, Rankin is one name in a deep pool of potential OG. Williams is at best the RB2. 

If it's a two for two straight deal, do it. Don't pay more. He would be getting potential starters and we would not.

3rd Round(76) +  6th Round(202).
for
3rd(96) + Mitchell Schwartz 

I'm probably accepting this.   If they're no objections.   Free's up space,  moves up and still gets an extra pick.     They are ready to accept it(once this officially kicks off).   

Pitt Trade:

Terrell Edmunds - 2nd Round Value(I'd consider this out of our range,  I'm not giving up picks for either of these guys)
James Washington- 3rd/4th Round Value.

I asked about packaging players,    also inquired about RB Jaylen Samuels.   Seemed like a versatile guy,  who could replace Sherman on ST's and role positions.  Take a glance at Pitt's Roster on overthecap..  See if anyone else can find a lower level guy they like.