Just now, samsel23 said:

Locked into the roster.  2 hard no’s.  1 yes..  and I think you were a kind of either way.   

well, I suggested to trade him & 6th for Washington ... but whatever ...

1 minute ago, KC_Guy said:

well, I suggested to trade him & 6th for Washington ... but whatever ...

Ok so two yes and 2 no.. I will wait till someone comes and breaks the tie 

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Would you consider a frank clark for Odell beckham jr trade?

We shed Clark's contract and get our Watkins replacement.

Hell no

@samsel23 it's a no for me for now on washington. I actually like Williams and honestly I'm not sure Washington brings more to the table than anyone we can find in the 5th or 6th round - haven't dove in this WR class though so I might be wrong

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Hell no

@samsel23 it's a no for me for now on washington. I actually like Williams and honestly I'm not sure Washington brings more to the table than anyone we can find in the 5th or 6th round - haven't dove in this WR class though so I might be wrong

Alright just trying to think outside of the box since Clark only had 6 sacks this season. Figured we could start Danna and then have Beckham Jr on the cheap for 3 years and just have to extend Tyran Mathieu and draft OL with first 3 picks = championship GUARANTEE

Edited by Kirill
5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Hell no

WR class is deep

Yeah.  If we were to add a WR for 15 Mil,  I’d rather go after Julio Jones.    Mike Williams is also on the block in LA.    Tho as King said,  it’s a great WR draft and we Hill, Hardman, and Pringle already. 

Clark has a -13 Mil hit if we trade him, thanks to all the restructuring.  So I don’t see that as a possibility.  

Sorry KC,  just me and you on the Washington deal.  I’m calling it quits on that one. 

Any interest in Darren Fells here?  Definitely a solid backup TE with only a 2.3 Mil cap hit.   Get a solid veteran, doesn’t take it off the draft board though. 

11 hours ago, Kirill said:

Alright just trying to think outside of the box since Clark only had 6 sacks this season. Figured we could start Danna and then have Beckham Jr on the cheap for 3 years and just have to extend Tyran Mathieu and draft OL with first 3 picks = championship GUARANTEE

The Shark is hands down our best run defender. I can live with the sack total because of the amount of attention he commands. 

Don't give up on Washington yet. It's just that the price was too high. He was asking for a player plus a pick when it should have been the player or the pick. See if he would do the deal plus a swap of 3rd round picks, ie swap back eight places in the third round. It values about the same as our supplemental 5th and he gets the extra pick he wants. 

J

19 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The Shark is hands down our best run defender. I can live with the sack total because of the amount of attention he commands. 

Don't give up on Washington yet. It's just that the price was too high. He was asking for a player plus a pick when it should have been the player or the pick. See if he would do the deal plus a swap of 3rd round picks, ie swap back eight places in the third round. It values about the same as our supplemental 5th and he gets the extra pick he wants. 

J

Washington is alright, but Washington, Hardman, Hill, Pringle is underwhelming. We should think about trading for someone better than Washington if we do.

Just now, Kirill said:

Washington is alright, but Washington, Hardman, Hill, Pringle is underwhelming. We should think about trading for someone better than Washington if we do.

Hill is the best in the league. Hardman is good but inconsistent. I have hopes for the traditional third year breakthrough. Pringle is a solid WR3 who does the little stuff well. It's not Hill/Watkins/Hardman/Robinson, but underwhelming it is not.

I'm more worried about the inevitable year that Kelce gets a lingering injury. We don't even have Hardman/Pringle level depth. 

About Washington, take the player for what he's worth. That's why I suggested the tweak in the deal. What I would really like is to trade back. Like last year, the value seems to live in the 40-60 band. 

J

FYI The Chiefs signed Prince Wanogho to a reserve/future contract. The makes five, with WR Antonio Callaway, WR Chad Williams, QB Jordan Ta’amu, and QB Anthony Gordon. If he is not going to be on the SB roster, I expect 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/1/27/22252036/chiefs-sign-offensive-tackle-to-reserve-future-contract-prince-wanogho-nfl

Snap counts from the Buffalo game are interesting.

Defense: As noted in the last post, Juan Thornhill is back. He played 77%. Add Sneed's 66%, Fenton's 29% and the big four playing all a play or two, we lived in the nickel/dime packages. Along the front, Chris Jones had a monster game and 74% of the snaps. Frank Clark had 79%. Okafor, TK, Wharton and Nnadi were all between 40% and 60%, with Pennel and Danna in the 20%'s. Losing out were the LB. Hitchens had an outstanding game and played 70%, often as the only LB. Wilson was at 37% and Niemann only 16%. In spite of this, we yielded only 41 yards rushing to everyone but Josh Allen. 

Offense: Clyde 49% and Rel 46% split the RB snaps. Hardman had only 35% of the WR snaps. Robinson had 65% and both Pringle and Hill had 80%. Kelce played 91% of the snaps, Keizer only 22%. Of note is Martinas Rankin playing 6 ST snaps. With two weeks to work up, Rankin is a potential fill in for the SB. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/25/kansas-city-chiefs-afc-championship-game-snap-counts-clyde-edwards-helaire-patrick-mahomes/

J