Browns fans: What do you think of this current regime?

everlong

Honestly, its ugly, but not as bad as it appears to an outsider.  We need a good OC, Jackson just has too much on his plate.  We need to land our franchise QB with the number 1 overall pick next year.  We need to add the best WR in the draft with Houston's pick, a big and fast WR that can do it all, not a small one like Coleman.  A Julio Jones type of WR.  From there we need the best RB with our first pick in round 2.  Those moves should fix our offense.  Many will talk about more WRs, but we have a lot of roster worthy guys that are very capable, we just need that one all world WR and the development of our current TEs to really open things up for them.

With a couple of great FA signings next year, the draft falling just the right way, I could see a worst to first season in our division if Ben retires.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Trust the process

Keep the HC

maybe add a OC

realize you’ve got the right QB he’s 21

let the guys that acquired the picks use them

draft Barkley

I am sorry but Kizer just doesn’t appear cut for the nfl game.  He was a project that should have never seen the field this year.  He was thrown to the wolves and has not responded well at all.  He has regressed and is a very shaken young man at this point.

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I am sorry but Kizer just doesn’t appear cut for the nfl game.  He was a project that should have never seen the field this year.  He was thrown to the wolves and has not responded well at all.  He has regressed and is a very shaken young man at this point.

See it’s hard for me to fully give up on him cause Goff looked even worse last year for the rams and this year he looks completely different. I think Kizer would be a lot better mentally if his WRs caught the ball  seems like times he tried to be too perfect because his WRs would never help him out

I like Kizer but I don’t know I would pass up on Rosen because of him 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

See it’s hard for me to fully give up on him cause Goff looked even worse last year for the rams and this year he looks completely different. I think Kizer would be a lot better mentally if his WRs caught the ball  seems like times he tried to be too perfect because his WRs would never help him out

I like Kizer but I don’t know I would pass up on Rosen because of him 

If Kizer is that weak mentally as a QB he doesn't belong in the NFL. I'm not saying that he is that weak mentally just calling BS on that excuse.

You can't try to be too perfect, there is no more than perfection. Perfection should be tried on every pass anyway. It won't be accomplished but that is the goal.

Kizer isn't a lost cause, he is 21 and has plenty of time to get better. He also doesn't need to have goofy excuses made for him. He hasn't played well as an NFL QB, it happens, it doesn't mean he never will but lets not pretend that his flaws are only based the errors of others. Yeah receivers dropped passes and the running game didn't give him a lot of 2nd and 3 type downs but he can still be evaluated based on just his performance and it just isn't good enough yet whether it be with the Browns or the Patriots, his play would show the same thing. He would win more elsewhere but we aren't looking for a QB who can win with a specific supporting case we are looking for a QB who can win us games. He just isn't there yet. Maybe he never will be, still a guessing game at this point.

Its not just a mental thing, he has poor accuracy too.  Yes there have been balls hitting guys (I am looking at you Britt!) in the hands that fell to the turf, but there has also been a lot of poorly placed balls that were caught, and would have turned into much bigger plays with better ball placement.

Add that accuracy, to the mental slowness, combined with him regressing and looking frustrated and lost... it doesn't look good.  Is it impossible to make a reclamation project out of him and turn a profit (make him a serviceable QB)?  No its not impossible, he is a young kid with a strong arm and good stature for the game.

However he needs to sit indefinitely and work on his craft, mentally and physically, as well as try to regain some confidence and swagger.

Regarding Goff, he completed 1.5 percent high percentage in college than Kizer.  He also had over a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio, Kizer was just over 2 to 1.  Goff averaged over 4,000 yards per season in college, Kizer fell short of 3,000.  Neither showed well in the win loss column in college.  Neither came from a pro style offense.

So, as prospects, from a production standpoint, what really set Goff apart from Kizer is the extra year playing, and the very significant difference in TDs per season, (goff 32 per over 3 years), Kizer 23.5 over 2 years), yards, Goff 4,000 plus per year, Kizer less than 3000 plus over 2 years.  

Accuracy, the completion percentage doesn't tell the entire story.  Kizer even back then threw balls that were placed poorly but were caught.  Ball placement is a huge part of accuracy, not just completion percentage.

Here is a biggie, Goff improved in pretty much every facet of the game statistically, every single year of college.  Kizer seemed to fall off of a cliff from year 1 to year 2 in college.

Goff was simply a better prospect on pretty much all fronts (I did not like him myself though honestly, I didn't want us to draft he or Wentz, although I did prefer Wentz to Goff).

Regarding Goff's first 5 games last year Vs. Kizer first 5 games this year,  Lets look!

Yards Goff 879  Kizer 851

TDs  Goff 4  Kizer 3

INTs  Goff 5  Kizer 9

Sacked  Goff 15  Kizer  12

completion %  Goff roughly  54.5 %   Kizer 50.9  (again, ball placement needs to be considered here as well)

YPA  both average close to 5.5

Both have good size.

Honestly the NFL.com draft profile for both seems pretty accurate.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jared-goff?id=2555334

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/deshone-kizer?id=2557983

So, in summary, the light flickering on for Goff in year 2 with a new coach replacing a very tired Jeff Fisher is no real reason for optimism for the same to happen for Kizer in year 2.

12 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Its not just a mental thing, he has poor accuracy too.  Yes there have been balls hitting guys (I am looking at you Britt!) in the hands that fell to the turf, but there has also been a lot of poorly placed balls that were caught, and would have turned into much bigger plays with better ball placement.

Add that accuracy, to the mental slowness, combined with him regressing and looking frustrated and lost... it doesn't look good.  Is it impossible to make a reclamation project out of him and turn a profit (make him a serviceable QB)?  No its not impossible, he is a young kid with a strong arm and good stature for the game.

However he needs to sit indefinitely and work on his craft, mentally and physically, as well as try to regain some confidence and swagger.

Regarding Goff, he completed 1.5 percent high percentage in college than Kizer.  He also had over a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio, Kizer was just over 2 to 1.  Goff averaged over 4,000 yards per season in college, Kizer fell short of 3,000.  Neither showed well in the win loss column in college.  Neither came from a pro style offense.

So, as prospects, from a production standpoint, what really set Goff apart from Kizer is the extra year playing, and the very significant difference in TDs per season, (goff 32 per over 3 years), Kizer 23.5 over 2 years), yards, Goff 4,000 plus per year, Kizer less than 3000 plus over 2 years.  

Accuracy, the completion percentage doesn't tell the entire story.  Kizer even back then threw balls that were placed poorly but were caught.  Ball placement is a huge part of accuracy, not just completion percentage.

Here is a biggie, Goff improved in pretty much every facet of the game statistically, every single year of college.  Kizer seemed to fall off of a cliff from year 1 to year 2 in college.

Goff was simply a better prospect on pretty much all fronts (I did not like him myself though honestly, I didn't want us to draft he or Wentz, although I did prefer Wentz to Goff).

Regarding Goff's first 5 games last year Vs. Kizer first 5 games this year,  Lets look!

Yards Goff 879  Kizer 851

TDs  Goff 4  Kizer 3

INTs  Goff 5  Kizer 9

Sacked  Goff 15  Kizer  12

completion %  Goff roughly  54.5 %   Kizer 50.9  (again, ball placement needs to be considered here as well)

YPA  both average close to 5.5

Both have good size.

Honestly the NFL.com draft profile for both seems pretty accurate.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jared-goff?id=2555334

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/deshone-kizer?id=2557983

So, in summary, the light flickering on for Goff in year 2 with a new coach replacing a very tired Jeff Fisher is no real reason for optimism for the same to happen for Kizer in year 2.

I think Kizer stays in college if his coach isn't a complete ball sack. 

21 minutes ago, brownie man said:

How cool would it be if Peyton Manning came to run then Browns

thatd be pretty dope

id rather keep Sashi than fire him I like what we’re doing a lot it’s just going to take time 

but if we let him go for Peyton that’d be enticing 

It would be a terrible move. Just because he was a great qb doesn’t mean he has the qualifications to run and build a team. 

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It would be a terrible move. Just because he was a great qb doesn’t mean he has the qualifications to run and build a team. 

But that also doesn't mean it's a terrible move. Till it happens we don't know what he will be like in a Front office, for all we know he could be brilliant 

Just now, hornbybrown said:

But that also doesn't mean it's a terrible move. Till it happens we don't know what he will be like in a Front office, for all we know he could be brilliant 

We need to stop hiring unknowns. We need football guys who have had success.

I’m fine keeping the nerds around but they shouldn’t have final say. 

Archived