Raheem Morris to be new defensive coordinator

NVRamsFan

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Damn. After hearing all the praise for Aubrey Pleasant I was really pulling for him. 

I thought that would be to move too, but McVay passed on him last year too. Guess he just doesn’t feel like he’s ready/capable of being in charge of an entire defense 

• Like 1

I’m happy with the hire.... I think we needed some more experience coaching this defense, that way McVay can focus on the offense like I know he wants to. Morris has been around long enough to understand what he’s seeing from an offense, but young enough not to be stuck in his ways like Phillips was.

• Like 1

Ive been reading that he should be scheme flexible. And while everyone should be these days, I’m curious which way he will lean? Will he roll with what Staley has out in place for the most part? I would hope so with Donald and the Secondary already set up for him.

But will he have more focus on finding a stand up edge rusher? Or another down lineman who can compliant Donald from there?

I have a feeling that most of our mocks, from the defensive side, will be complete shots in the dark, and we could be very shocked at our moves come draft day

• Like 3