Jump to content

DET hires Dan Campbell as HC, Aaron Glenn as DC, Anthony Lynn as OC


Recommended Posts

 

I don't mind the Lynn hire as a talent developer, pre-game planner, and people person - he excels there.   But DET had better be hiring a game manager coach, because Lynn is pretty much bottom-3 in that department, and frankly, he showed no improvement over 3 years.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

 

I don't mind the Lynn hire as a talent developer, pre-game planner, and people person - he excels there.   But DET had better be hiring a game manager coach, because Lynn is pretty much bottom-3 in that department, and frankly, he showed no improvement over 3 years.

Game management coach? Isn’t that Campbell’s job? Lynn shouldn’t have to do as much game management as OC. He should concentrate on growing in that area since he barely did it for one year.

Edited by Xenos
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Game management coach? Isn’t that Campbell’s job? Lynn shouldn’t have to do as much game management as OC. He should concentrate on growing in that area since he barely did it for one year.

Yeah a lot of teams where the HC isn’t an O “guru” they let the OC call the shots full-time.   That can’t happen here.   If it’s Campbell, great.   Just can’t be Lynn making all the calls.  

Edited by Broncofan
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah a lot of teams where the HC isn’t an O “guru” they let the OC call the shots full-time.   That can’t happen here.   If it’s Campbell, great.   Just can’t be Lynn making all the calls.  

You can still call plays offensively as OC and have the HC be the one responsible for the game management IMO. Campbell should still be the guy who is going to call timeouts and challenges. Otherwise what is Campbell doing besides give ridiculous press conferences?

Edited by Xenos
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You can still call plays offensively as OC and have the HC be the one responsible for the game management IMO. Campbell should still be the guy who is going to call timeouts and challenges. Otherwise what is Campbell doing besides give ridiculous press conferences?

Biting kneecaps.  
 

(I actually think he’s on the right path with his system comments, FTR).  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lions are hiring ex-Browns and Chiefs GM John Dorsey away from Philly. His title will be Senior Personnel Executive, and he should be a good resource for new GM Brad Holmes. Dorsey's been planning on this for a couple weeks.

Deal's not done yet, should be in place mid-week.

This is a great get for the Lions to help Holmes maneuver his way as GM. 
 

SPE- John Dorsey

GM- Brad Holmes

AGM- Ray Agnew

HC- Dan Campbell

OC- Anthony Lynn

DC- Aaron Glenn 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...