Rams hire Raheem Morris as DC

RaidersAreOne

Eh, it's fine. There's potential there, so I like it. He's certainly earned his shot at this point, though I don't get the full blown love that it seems like he has from a lot of people. Tremendous position coach. Not sure he's actually a good DC given the lack of experience yet. But I prefer this than hiring Bradley / Quinn / etc 

I like the hire and with some of McVay's recent comments about not giving the offense enough of his attention this makes a lot of sense. Staley was a 1st time DC and an unknown in a lot of ways but he knows and trusts Morris enough to fully turn the D over to him and focus on the O. Now if we could just replace the ST coach. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2021 at 7:47 PM, NYRamsFan88 said:

What type of defense does he run??? Will we see a completely different scheme this year??? 

He's run C1, C3, C2 and C4 in his career. He's run 4-3 and tampa 2 style and he's run a heavy blitzing C1 scheme. He's run a C3 scheme. He's run quite a bit of different stuff. The Falcons throughout the last 11 games last year were heavy blitzing C1 because that's what fit the personnel. I think he's going to do whatever fits the personnel in LA.

• Like 1