Jaguars expected to hire Trent Baalke as GM

RaidersAreOne

Just now, pwny said:

We hired him as an assistant last year. He’s probably been buddying up to the Khan family for the last year to get to this moment. 

Yeah he knows how to do that very well. Hopefully urban has control of the roster and the draft. Only listen to Baalke on Defensive players. 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Don't let him draft any players who are injured. Also don't let him draft any offesnsive players. He is really good at drafting defensive players basically at any position on defense and that's it. 

I doubt he will have say over Urban. Probably just a glorified scout.

Reminiscent of Rhule/Hurney last year.

Coming from college, needs an experience GM that knows the ins/outs. There's a reason why Pioli, Baalke, Rick Smith, Jerry Reese, etc. were the GMs interviewed. Only one without prior GM experience was Tony Fontenot.

Super meh overall, but Urban will likely have plenty of influence on the guys he wants/types of players we target. Would be much more worried if we were pairing him with a young guy/someone with less control.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I doubt he will have say over Urban. Probably just a glorified scout.

You all should hope so. It's not like you're digging up Jerry Angelo, and hiring him or something, but Baalke is...well, he's an interesting choice...

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I give it a year, tops.

Meh I can see it working out he's good at finding gems on defense. If he can just minimize draftings big risks with players who are injured he will be fine. But again only defenive players. He has a close connections to parcels. He buys into that thinking with the draft. Expect evey player you draft have the longest arms in the draft lol.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Meh I can see it working out he's good at finding gems on defense. If he can just minimize draftings big risks with players who are injured he will be fine. But again only defenive players. He has a close connections to parcels. He buys into that thinking with the draft. Expect evey player you draft have the longest arms in the draft lol.

Buckner, Armstead, Aldon, etc. I can get with it.

As I said, Urban has his values/players he likes, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of say in the draft board/getting the types that fits his style. We'll see how it goes.

I feel like this is similar to Hurney for Carolina. Vet GM who understands the ins and outs (much more to a GMs job than the draft). Re-evaluate next year.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Buckner, Armstead, Aldon, etc. I can get with it.

As I said, Urban has his values/players he likes, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of say in the draft board/getting the types that fits his style. We'll see how it goes.

I feel like this is similar to Hurney for Carolina. Vet GM who understands the ins and outs (much more to a GMs job than the draft). Re-evaluate next year.

Also Ward, Tartt and Bowman. He REALLY rates arm length so don't expect to take any DL or OL with short arms lol.

Offensively though? Yeah, not so good. Urban better take over that side of the ball completely and take the guys he wants. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1