Jaguars expected to hire Trent Baalke as GM

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Also Ward, Tartt and Bowman. He REALLY rates arm length so don't expect to take any DL or OL with short arms lol.

Offensively though? Yeah, not so good. Urban better take over that side of the ball completely and take the guys he wants. 

Thankfully TLaw is in the bag/the biggest piece is done.

But yeah, I'd hope Urban would have a fairly big say in guys in the draft period. He has his vision/player "types", so I'm hopeful.

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If the Colts just bring Rivers back, this will be a near perfect off season as it relates to watching other AFC South teams self sabotage.

The one blemish being the Jags do get Lawrence, but can't have everything go our way I suppose.

Are you ready to have the 3rd best QB in the division is what we all want to know.

😉

5 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Don't let him draft any players who are injured. Also don't let him draft any offesnsive players. He is really good at drafting defensive players basically at any position on defense and that's it. 

And don't let him on the field trying to coach up dudes like he's an actual coach. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I doubt he will have say over Urban. Probably just a glorified scout.

Oh wait until the leaks start. Baalke is a maestro at the whisper campaign. Next thing you know, Meyer is fired and Baalke is in Kahn's ear as his right-hand man. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Meh I can see it working out he's good at finding gems on defense. If he can just minimize draftings big risks with players who are injured he will be fine. But again only defenive players. He has a close connections to parcels. He buys into that thinking with the draft. Expect evey player you draft have the longest arms in the draft lol.

Well there was Borland at least. Guy had T-Rex arms. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Also Ward, Tartt and Bowman. He REALLY rates arm length so don't expect to take any DL or OL with short arms lol.

Offensively though? Yeah, not so good. Urban better take over that side of the ball completely and take the guys he wants. 

I don't give him credit for 2010. Scott mccloughan set the draft board and did all the homework on it if memory serves 

Buckner and armstead were no brainer picks, especially Buckner, who was the last remaining player in the elite tier in that draft. 

He won't get credit for drafting Lawrence, he shouldn't get credit for buckner for the same reason. 

Aldon was a good pick but also we passed on jj watt soooo 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't give him credit for 2010. Scott mccloughan set the draft board and did all the homework on it if memory serves 

Buckner and armstead were no brainer picks, especially Buckner, who was the last remaining player in the elite tier in that draft. 

He won't get credit for drafting Lawrence, he shouldn't get credit for buckner for the same reason. 

Aldon was a good pick but also we passed on jj watt soooo 

Bowman was picked in the 3rd round. You're acting like he was a top 10 pick where the draft board was set. And Baalke was involved in the draft process in 2010. It's foolish not to give him credit for the Bowman pick. 

You can hate Baalke all you want and his draft classes to end his tenure had a lot of misses, but this is hilarious how you literally found a way to knock all his good picks.

• Like 1

I'm fine with it. I'm going to make lots of assumptions, like the rest of us. He's a really good defensive personnel guy. That's really what the Jags need. With Lawrence and their current pieces...they have enough to contend on the offensive side of the ball. Whether or not they can completely rebuild the defensive side of the ball will make or break them. I also know that not many GM's are willing to take a backseat to a head coach, and Khan has made that abundantly clear. If he know's Baalke enough to think that he will work well within the front office and with Meyer, then I'm fine with the hire. I'm not familiar with Baalke's money managing skills. I know for the Saints, Mickey Loomis is not big into personnel. He manages money and front office hires...but it is really Sean Payton running the show. Jeff Ireland is really their player scouting/personnel guy...along with Fontenot who left...but it all goes through Payton. I imagine that Meyer is going to have a similar role on the Jags.

• Like 1