Philip Rivers retiring

teude

Honestly, this is the best thing that could happen to IND.  Their OL is top 5, or at least was before Rivers (and I think his statue like mobility is a reason why their play suffered in pass pro), and while losing Costanzo hurts for 2021, they should be able to address that.    Taylor looks like an elite RB, a young Zeke-like talent (with the young version home run ability).   Pittman had a great year 1.     The biggest limit to IND's O was their lack of verticality - because Rivers' arm was so shot.  He had to get rid of the ball so early to hit 40+ yard plays.   They had to bring in Brissett for Hail Mary's.

Nothing but respect for Rivers - he was a warrior, and a supreme trash talker too (lol).   But his time is done.  IND is better off finding a replacement who can push the ball downfield - it makes the rest of the O thrive even more.  It doesn't need to be a gunslinger, just someone who can make the D respect the 20-40 yard plays...that alone will allow the OL & Taylor to go nuts. 

Hats off to a great career - hated to face him in his prime years, it was kind of sad that I looked forward to playing him the last 2-3 years, he was a shell of his prime self.

54 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Good. I don't have to see his goofy face complaining to refs in the 4th quarter anymore.

So much this. 😄

People made such a big deal about him not swearing and ignored the fact that he whinged, complained and shouted at refs as much as any other player in the league.

• Like 1

Such a sad and happy day, at the same time. Really thought he'd be up for another season with the Colts, but have nothing but respect for his decision.

Needless to say he's my all time favorite player, as I started watching football in his rookie season, and his 1st full year, was the year I started cheering for the Chargers.

I was privileged to watch his development into one of football's best players ever.

It really the end of a beautiful chapter, and an amazing career.

Phillip, sorry you had to put up with such crap all over the years, from the Charger's FO, and sorry you weren't able to get that ring you deserved.

Hope he will stay connected to football. I'm sure he'll make one heck of a coach!

NUNC COEPI

• Like 3