Hindsight 2020 Tannehill vs Brady Debate

Titans fan 617

Not looking for an argument 

Just a pure interesting discussion 

Now that the Titans season is over and Brady is in the NFC Championship 

Knowing what we know now

Who would you have wanted for this year and next year as the Titans QB?

A lot of us wanted Brady

I think the debate is fascinating on a few levels 

Tannehill’s legs were a big help to the offense at times this past season 

Brady was a little bit of a side car in the NO win, defense dominated but didn’t turn it over 

A lot of Bucs players saying how much Brady has helped their preparation

Arians saying Brady has even been vocal and has coached up coaches and players 

Just curious to this debate and how some of you feel now 

I love Tannehill, he’s been great for us 

His wheels are a big help to the offense for sure

I was one of the sign Brady guys

Part of me still wishes we did

Not sure we would have gotten AB but we would of definitely added Gronk as well

Gun to my head I would say Tannehill was probably the right move but I am always going to wonder “What If”

Brady just has that certain intangible that no one has 

The guy is truly great

Where do you guys stand on who would you rather have for 2020 2021?

Tannehill has been awesome, but, our offense was the reason we lost in the wild card.  Brady doesn't dissapear in the playoffs.  I imagine we would be playing for the AFC this weekend if he was our QB.  Even if it was one year, a Superbowl would've been worth it.  Tannehill can still get us one, but we need to start thinking about a predecessor, because I believe he will start regressing. 

2 minutes ago, VYoung10 said:

Tannehill has been awesome, but, our offense was the reason we lost in the wild card.  Brady doesn't dissapear in the playoffs.  I imagine we would be playing for the AFC this weekend if he was our QB.  Even if it was one year, a Superbowl would've been worth it.  Tannehill can still get us one, but we need to start thinking about a predecessor, because I believe he will start regressing. 

The predecessor thing I definitely agree with 

I’m not for taking a guy just to take a guy like we basically did with McDonald this past season just to cut him without ever seeing him 

Blankenship would have been the better pick there 

But If there is a guy they truly like in the next few drafts I wouldn’t hate them taking him 

I was on the draft Hurts train this past season if he fell to us in the 3rd round 

They got a sub-.500 team with a third string QB in the first round and a complete shell of himself Drew Brees in the second. 

Ryan Tannehill is a significantly better QB than 2020 Tom Brady. The main difference is that Tampa went all-in with running Tom’s offense and gave him, pretty unquestionably, the best set of pass catchers in all of football. Tampa would be a far scarier team with RT.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

They got a sub-.500 team with a third string QB in the first round and a complete shell of himself Drew Brees in the second. 

Ryan Tannehill is a significantly better QB than 2020 Tom Brady. The main difference is that Tampa went all-in with running Tom’s offense and gave him, pretty unquestionably, the best set of pass catchers in all of football. Tampa would be a far scarier team with RT.

I agree. 
The comparison crossed my mind the other night. But I think Tanny was by far the better QB. 
Tampa Bay has everything an old QB needs.  Defense, elite pass catchers, decent running game. 

Brady is essential last year of career Manning. Just holding the ship together.

With Brady, we might have ended up around the same maybe a game less. I doubt Brady could have made the deep throws. Maybe Brady doesn't throw an INT here or there. Maybe he inspires a play here or there. But I think with our run heavy approach, we likely could have ended around the same, but likely a game or two worst, due to Brady not being able to move or need to be respected on read option plays. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Brady is essential last year of career Manning. Just holding the ship together.

?????

manning's last season he threw for 9 touchdowns and 17 picks and was temporarily benched for brock osweiler. maybe you're thinking of the year before that?

at any rate there's some serious, serious underrating of brady's season going on in here

Edited by -Hope-

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

?????

manning's last season he threw for 9 touchdowns and 17 picks and was temporarily benched for brock osweiler. maybe you're thinking of the year before that?

at any rate there's some serious, serious underrating of brady's season going on in here

Realistically, the only comparison is Brady’s last Super Bowl, where he was pure Broncos Manning.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

?????

Yeah I guess so. I just remember him winning the super bowl his last year and having very little to do with it.
So I guess I'm combining his last year and the  year before..lol

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m now just dreaming of an offense that is built around Tannehill and gives him a healthy, very good offensive line with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, OJ Howard and Cameron Brate. 

We'd run Henry 290 instead of 300 time. :)