Hindsight 2020 Tannehill vs Brady Debate

Titans fan 617

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

i thought Tannehill was decent vs Baltimore. Not his best performance, but good enough to win if we just choose to not slam Henry in to a brick wall so much.

I don't know how much to blame Tannehill for trusting in the run heavy scheme cause, hey, the offense scored 30 ppg and I'm sure his trust in Arthur's play calling was high( as it should have been), but seeing Tannehill be a bit more willing to call his own plays wouldn't be a bad thing going forward.

I think that, if we are going to really compete for a SB with this group, we have to run the offense through Ryan and not Derrick. 

as great as he is, you can’t run Derrick Henry to the super bowl. Derrick should be complementing Ryan, not the other way around. 

Edit - I also thought Ryan looked good against Baltimore. I read Blake Beddingfield’s breakdown of the game, though, and he thought Ryan was one of our weaker performers. Interesting. Curious as to what the game film showed him. Believe he said Ryan was often late to throws 

Edited by deeluxx3

40 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think that, if we are going to really compete for a SB with this group, we have to run the offense through Ryan and not Derrick. 

as great as he is, you can’t run Derrick Henry to the super bowl. Derrick should be complementing Ryan, not the other way around. 

Edit - I also thought Ryan looked good against Baltimore. I read Blake Beddingfield’s breakdown of the game, though, and he thought Ryan was one of our weaker performers. Interesting. Curious as to what the game film showed him. Believe he said Ryan was often late to throws 

i mean, i think KT said it best earlier- i want to run 40 times if the game calls for it and pass 40 times if the game calls for it. we are in the rare position where we have the players on offense to do either. there’s no reason not to take what the defense gives us. if baltimore wants us to throw, then throw the damn ball! but if henry is eating, then stay feeding him and play the game we did so often this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, i think KT said it best earlier- i want to run 40 times if the game calls for it and pass 40 times if the game calls for it. we are in the rare position where we have the players on offense to do either. there’s no reason not to take what the defense gives us. if baltimore wants us to throw, then throw the damn ball! but if henry is eating, then stay feeding him and play the game we did so often this year.

Totally agree. I think Tannehill has actually showed when he gets up there in attempts (30-40) range he can be accurate and productive. I just want to see it more, earlier and often in big games. I think specifically in the Baltimore game we were afraid to abandon the run because of the success Henry had had versus them. I will admit I too couldn't believe how they stymied him for the whole game, and he didn't break anything even remotely big. We should have given Derrick 4-5 less runs and given Tannehill those opportunities, especially on first. I think that could have been the difference in the game if we had Tannehill throwing 30 attempts in that game. We have to realize the moments better when Henry is having those type of games when he gets stymied and shift gears better and faster.

Edited by twotonebluenation

12 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

To reiterate...Tannehill is our guy and it was the right choice to extend him

But my God put some respect on the GOATs name. The mental gymnastics against him are just silly/

Bro, the hate on Brady is so ridiculous. If you don’t like Brady you don’t like football. Dudes has this winning infectiousness that inspires everyone. 

Brady was awful for the final 30 mins

He was awesome for the first 30

He's old. His arm isn't what it was. He benefitted from a great D like he often has and also a ton of talent on O. But he's going to the Super Bowl once again. He does make the difference.

Probably not right for us. Our D is so bad it wouldn't have made a difference. Or maybe we just convince ourselves of that. Because he's the greatest football player of all time.

36 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He's old. His arm isn't what it was. He benefitted from a great D like he often has and also a ton of talent on O. But he's going to the Super Bowl once again. He does make the difference.

Probably not right for us. Our D is so bad it wouldn't have made a difference. Or maybe we just convince ourselves of that. Because he's the greatest football player of all time.

If they get the Chiefs, he'll have to either play awesome for a full 60 minutes or that D will have to play lights out to trip up Mahomes.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yea. What he is doing is incredible. Dude is 43. There is just some kind of effect that he has on his teams that he has all his players making plays because he is under center. Dude is a born winner. People can say he almost blew the game but somehow he is in another super bowl. His arm definitely isn’t what it is, but damn he threw some deep dimes. He was a big reason they were sitting very comfortably to start the 2nd half. That play to end the half was incredibly clutch and only a few players drop dimes like that at opportune times. And Mike Evans didn’t help him out in the 2nd half. People want to pick him apart but I think it is hilarious, once again he is in a Super Bowl and boy does he have the tools to win. Brady’s pull to get players to want to play with him and how inspires them to win worked earlier than people thought in Tampa. I would love it if Tannehill could win us a super bowl and time will tell, but if Brady wins this year I will definitely be saying in my head what if.