Hindsight 2020 Tannehill vs Brady Debate

Titans fan 617

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Oh absolutely. I still believe that if we wanted him, he’d be a Titan and we’d likely have a SB by now but…

Or maybe, just maybe, crazy thought here, I know, but maybe... we weren't the favorites that the media and ourselves made us to be in the first place. Just some food for thought.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but Tannehill was fresh off a conference final appearance, put up an MVP season and elevated this team the way we haven't seen in... well, maybe ever? So even assuming this was entirely our choice, Brady wanted to be here and we just weren't on the same page, there were plenty of reasons to believe Ryan could be that guy for us.

12 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Or maybe, just maybe, crazy thought here, I know, but maybe... we weren't the favorites that the media and ourselves made us to be in the first place. Just some food for thought.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but Tannehill was fresh off a conference final appearance, put up an MVP season and elevated this team the way we haven't seen in... well, maybe ever? So even assuming this was entirely our choice, Brady wanted to be here and we just weren't on the same page, there were plenty of reasons to believe Ryan could be that guy for us.

This. I’m still doubtful that we were ever really that in it for Brady. But you’re right: let’s not pretend everyone wasn’t talking up how great Tannehill is in the GDT before the game started. He put up his worst performance of the season in the big game, which is now looking like a habit, since our only playoff wins were on the back of Derrick Henry.

Tannehill is a QB that wins games for us. He’s also a QB that ****s the bed in the playoffs.