Martin Mayhew hired to be WFT GM, not sure of Marty Hurney’s role yet

turtle28

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Been in the NFL a combined 50 years.....what is their record and what have they accomplished?

Not much. Drafted some good players. 

I guess you can say that Hurney drafted some and traded for some of the players that became the Panthers team that got to the Super Bowl in 2015 & Mayhew helped scout, draft and trade for some of the players that got the 49ers to the Super Bowl two years ago. 

That’s it though, that’s their two shining moments! 😂 

I sure hope this tandem w/ Kyle Smith & Stokes in their positions and Rivera having final say can lead us back to the Super Bowl someday but I’m very skeptical about that.

Edited by turtle28

Was this the job that Kyle Smith had/has? I haven’t seen anywhere they Kyle Smith has been let go.  If so, I didn’t realize that. Ugh, I couldn’t be more disappointed but I hope this works. We certainly are coming off our best 7 years of drafting - in large part due to Kyle - since the 1980s. 

It’s really sad that Rivera doesn’t realize that and realize that Kyle Smith was the constant person through those 7 years and he’s only 36 years old.

Man I hope this works but I am not happy at all if Kyle is gone. Kyle was good as his job.

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Turtle, why does your tittle say he's V P of Player Personnel ? Where's that coming from  ?

So I’m not really sure what Kyle Smith’s job is now. I’m not even sure if he’s going to remain with the team or if he’s being let go. Nothing has been said of that.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So I’m not really sure what Kyle Smith’s job is now. I’m not even sure if he’s going to remain with the team or if he’s being let go. Nothing has been said of that.

That WAS his tittle with the Niners. Just read his focus there was on PRO personnel..

Edited by RSkinGM