Campbell and Co. - Coaching Staff (Updated with Lynn, Fraley, Staley, Pleasant, Fipp, DeLeone, Johnson Brunell)

Karnage84

Very happy with the staff that Campbell has put together. If he has the leadership qualities that people think he does then they should get the most out of this team, which is something that we have been missing over the last few years. 

I struggle to think of more than a small handful of players that really developed and improved under Patricia. A lot of guys seemed to stagnate or actually get worse. Romeo Okwara is probably the one big exception.

Edited by Lions017

I'm not disappointed from moving on from everything and anything this last regime had to offer. 

Players more than coaches make whatever you're doing happen. Coaches help, sure, when they're good. Or they're a road block basically most of the time. Through game management or player personnel. It's hard to be a really good coach. Matt Lefuer chasing out Aaron Rodgers isn't good. Lol. He's doom, imo, with GB if he cant figure it out with Aaron Rodgers. It's crazy to watch a coach like him overide Aaron Rodger. Bruce Arians is even smarter than that.

Pick great players, fit your system around what they do well, and you'll succeed in the NFL more often than not.

2 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm not disappointed from moving on from everything and anything this last regime had to offer. 

Players more than coaches make whatever you're doing happen. Coaches help, sure, when they're good. Or they're a road block basically most of the time. Through game management or player personnel. It's hard to be a really good coach. Matt Lefuer chasing out Aaron Rodgers isn't good. Lol. He's doom, imo, with GB if he cant figure it out with Aaron Rodgers. It's crazy to watch a coach like him overide Aaron Rodger. Bruce Arians is even smarter than that.

Pick great players, fit your system around what they do well, and you'll succeed in the NFL more often than not.

We kept Fraley. Not shocking as OL was the ONLY area we improved. An overhaul was needed and it seems Dan Campbell was the man to make that happen. 

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

We can't really say that coaches don't matter and then rag on coaches for not developing a guy. However, when you have future HOF level players on your roster, you're much smarter to let them be that coach on the field and to defer to them in a critical situation. Rodgers should have had a chance to try and make a play on 4th down. Arians figured out that he was either going to have success playing Brady's way or he was going to fail by playing Brady's way. Butting heads with Brady was a guarantee of failure. 

14 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

We can't really say that coaches don't matter and then rag on coaches for not developing a guy. However, when you have future HOF level players on your roster, you're much smarter to let them be that coach on the field and to defer to them in a critical situation. Rodgers should have had a chance to try and make a play on 4th down. Arians figured out that he was either going to have success playing Brady's way or he was going to fail by playing Brady's way. Butting heads with Brady was a guarantee of failure. 

I mean yeah your right, I'm just saying player talent(s) almost always trumps a coach/philosophy. Coaches directly influence how, where, and when a player plays. So yeah I'm not saying they don't matter. Clearly they do as the last regime disassembled our roster currently to fit what "they" wanted and got significantly worst, and predictably on top of that.

Had they picked a few different players early and kept Diggs/Slay around. Honestly things might be totally different. A few talented players could of saved his job.