Campbell and Co. - Coaching Staff (Updated with Lynn, Fraley, Staley, Pleasant, Fipp, DeLeone, Johnson Brunell)

Karnage84

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

You glossed over your answer. Golladay went from a WR very few people were thrilled we took in the 3rd to a guy many want tagged.

Didn't gloss over, Golladay is a good WR that many were unaware of coming out of the draft. But with his inability to stay on the field, how can we determine growth and development compared to just ignorance of the pick at the time?

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I don't know, tbh. I'm not sure of Hines Ward's coaching ability. However, I don't see Robert Prince as some great coach either. I feel like outside of pure talent, we didn't see alot of growth from our WRs. Some of that has been Golladay's inability to stay on the field. Calvin Johnson was a machine. Golden Tate was a YAC God before and after the Lions. Marvin Jones has never fumbled the ball no matter which team he's been on. We haven't kept others around long enough to truly "develop". Which WR can you look at and say, he really grew as a player on the Lions? 

Any WR coach isn't some god that can alter genetics and health traits. I don't know if you can put KG's inability to stay on the field on Prince. Kenny is actually someone that RP should be given credit for - a mid-round pick (3rd) from a smaller school that has developed into one of the top WR's in the league. 

15 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

Why the eff not? We have a green DC. Nice to have an established mind to bounce ideas off of. 

Yeah, he's not that guy. I think its telling that Minnesota made no attempt to bring him back at all after this year.

Besides him, do you guys like the coaching moves Detroit made this time around?

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Interesting that Seth Ryan is assistant WR coach. Wonder if they are still in talks with Hines Ward.

Shepperd was originally dubbed OLB coach with DeLeone dubbed ILB coach. Now he’s listed as just a defensive assistant. 

It’s weird that the WR coach hasn’t been announced yet. I’m thinking there’s a bit of fire to the Antwaan Randle El rumors.