Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo Fan

What do you think we should do?

Recommended Posts

Should we trade for a good WR?  Or should we go the other route and trade our assets like Glenn, Darius, McCoy to get in better shape for the draft next year?  It's a tough call this team could make the playoffs and that would be amazing but adding additional picks and getting in better position to draft studs that we need on offense so we can be a real contender next year is tempting too.  I say go all in this year and try to trade for a stud WR we have two second round picks and two third round picks we can trade one of those for a stud.  Also I'd like to try and get that CB who was suspended by the Giants it shouldn't cost to much and he is a star in the making.  Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buffalo Fan said:

Should we trade for a good WR?  Or should we go the other route and trade our assets like Glenn, Darius, McCoy to get in better shape for the draft next year?  It's a tough call this team could make the playoffs and that would be amazing but adding additional picks and getting in better position to draft studs that we need on offense so we can be a real contender next year is tempting too.  I say go all in this year and try to trade for a stud WR we have two second round picks and two third round picks we can trade one of those for a stud.  Also I'd like to try and get that CB who was suspended by the Giants it shouldn't cost to much and he is a star in the making.  Thoughts?

Dareus is basically impossible to trade until next season. I think we just stay with what we've got and pick up some free agents. I think it's probably the right move, I don't think our team is good enough to really challenge.

As for Dominque Rodgers Cromartie, he's 31 and I don't think we're going to trade for a player that old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am torn.

I think this team can make the playoffs with how middling the AFC is. I also think the Defense is ready to win now despite the adequate play of LB.

But the Bills aren't going anywhere with this offense. Even with the running game slowly going back to more power runs and less outside zone, I don't see the offense going anywhere or being unable to outscore opponents like TB, NE, KC or New Orleans on a constant basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a franchise QB, end of story, can we get one in the 2018 draft, it is a huge long shot even with maybe 4 or even 5 QB's going in round 1. The worst thing a team can be in sports is a middle of the road team, that's an 8-8 or a 7-9 team. You are then, never in a position to draft game changer around which every franchise is built and in pro football the #1 game changer is a franchise QB.

Who knows how long it will be, before we are in a position to draft a potential franchise QB, until that event, we are not likely to see too many opportunities to be a playoff team if any. Making trades is a waste of time until you have that stud at QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, given how little Dareus has played and our need for CB depth, I would talk to the Giants and DRC about a trade. At this point, both DRC and Dareus are kind of locker room issues, but DRC's contract ends in 2018, I think. Given how much Dareus hurts our cap situation coupled with his silly decision-making skills, I honestly wouldn't miss him. Our D this year certainly hasn't suffered without him! The trick would be getting Cromartie to play  a rotational role. You'd really have to sell him on the idea that we are more likely to make the playoffs this year than the Giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

We need a franchise QB, end of story, can we get one in the 2018 draft, it is a huge long shot even with maybe 4 or even 5 QB's going in round 1. The worst thing a team can be in sports is a middle of the road team, that's an 8-8 or a 7-9 team. You are then, never in a position to draft game changer around which every franchise is built and in pro football the #1 game changer is a franchise QB.

Who knows how long it will be, before we are in a position to draft a potential franchise QB, until that event, we are not likely to see too many opportunities to be a playoff team if any. Making trades is a waste of time until you have that stud at QB.

See, I want to agree with you, but mostly because I don't want to give up any of our ammo for next year. I still think we will need to find someone to trade up with, so I don't want to get rid of any of those picks if we don't have to. Difference is that I would seriously send Dareus packing for Cromartie, if I thought Cromartie could handle a rotational role in our secondary. Given Dareus' stupid decision-making and his huge contract (vs. what we get in production), I'd be happy to see him go. Frankly, I just don't think he fits in with what our staff values or with the rest of the players on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 12:22 AM, Yibbyl said:

See, I want to agree with you, but mostly because I don't want to give up any of our ammo for next year. I still think we will need to find someone to trade up with, so I don't want to get rid of any of those picks if we don't have to. Difference is that I would seriously send Dareus packing for Cromartie, if I thought Cromartie could handle a rotational role in our secondary. Given Dareus' stupid decision-making and his huge contract (vs. what we get in production), I'd be happy to see him go. Frankly, I just don't think he fits in with what our staff values or with the rest of the players on the team.

I think our defense is OK, sure, you can always add a starter or 2 to upgrade it, but considering our offense forces them to be on the field an awful lot, they are still doing quite well. We simply need an offense that can control the ball long enough for our defense to get a decent amount of rest. So, I am not for breaking up our defense at this moment, and you are right, we may well need every pick we have to move up for a potential franchise QB, because once you get past the top 12 picks, there is only about a 6% chance for success and I do not like those odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We signed Deonte Thompson apparently. He has been having a decent season and almost made our team with good preseason effort earlier in his career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

We signed Deonte Thompson apparently. He has been having a decent season and almost made our team with good preseason effort earlier in his career

Read that he has more receiving yards this season than the any of the Bills WRs. Can't hurt to add him, any idea why he got cut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×