2021 Free Agents - Current Lions and possible future Lions

Karnage84

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The Chargers are switching to a 3-4 from a 4-3. Joey Bosa might not be as effective with the switch. Any thoughts on a trade offer for him?

Post- June 1st trade:

Lions trade Trey Flowers (28) - 83.3 PFF: Dead Cap $5.614; New cap space = +$14.375M + 2021 2nd

Chargers trade Joey Bosa (26) - 90.2 PFF: Dead Cap: $7M; New cap space = $13.75M + 2021 4th

Edited by Karnage84

50 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Post- June 1st trade:

Lions trade Trey Flowers (28) - 83.3 PFF: Dead Cap $5.614; New cap space = +$14.375M + 2021 2nd

Chargers trade Joey Bosa (26) - 90.2 PFF: Dead Cap: $7M; New cap space = $13.75M + 2021 4th

I'm guessing you mean 2022 picks.  But I'd do that in a heartbeat.  Doubt they would.  I am guessing they would wait and see how he does as either an OLB or DE before moving him for pretty much a 3rd rd pick.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm guessing you mean 2022 picks.  But I'd do that in a heartbeat.  Doubt they would.  I am guessing they would wait and see how he does as either an OLB or DE before moving him for pretty much a 3rd rd pick.  

It might cost a bit more but it seems like both guys would be better fits on their respective teams. It is nearly a lateral move money wise for a guy that is only a bit older, better scheme fit and still operating at a high level plus extra compensation. 

10 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Also golden tate got cut, I can see the lions atleast looking at bringing him back. He could be the “veteran wr” n we draft a bunch(1/2)  of wrs in the draft. 

Yeah...maybe. I'm not sure if he has much left. I think that he would be a good fit in the Amendola role. I do think that they'll want another veteran (which could just be Golladay) as they won't want to force a rookie to step into the #1 WR role, and I don't have any faith at all in Cephus being more than a WR4 that can kind of do a little bit of everything but none of it that well. 

3 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Also golden tate got cut, I can see the lions atleast looking at bringing him back. He could be the “veteran wr” n we draft a bunch(1/2)  of wrs in the draft. 

I'd be a-ok if they brought him in on a cheap 1 year deal. He wasn't worth what he was going to be paid (hence the trade) but he's still a somewhat effective vet option. 

Ideally I'd rather take a bunch of younger guys in the draft and let them develop. 

• Like 2