2021 Free Agents - Current Lions and possible future Lions

Karnage84

Well, seems like the Lions are re-signing a few of their own guys and then, to maximize cap space & comp pick value, signing only guys who have been cut. They're passing, or losing out somewhat on purpose, on the main wave of free agency and they'll be shopping from guys who are cut to make room for these various signings to fill out their team. For 2021 it'll come down to how many diamonds Holmes and the team can turn up out of that group.

• Like 1

Lots of players gone. Still interested in a few...

DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Kevin King, WR Curtis Samuel, TE Hunter Henry, G Forest Lamp, RB Kenyon Drake, DE/OLB Takkarist McKinley.

Not willing to break the bank for any of them but I'd do something similar to Okwara with the first four players menitoned. Especially for Rankins. I like all these players for the next couple years.

4 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

We better get ready to have a near expansion-team level roster for 2021 outside of the OL and running backs.

This is the year to do it. Tear it down this season. Decreased salary cap. Cut all the contracts. Eat up the dead money this season. Collect comp picks next year, don’t have dead contracts roll over and see the cap increase in time to build it up. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Superduperman said:

We better get ready to have a near expansion-team level roster for 2021 outside of the OL and running backs.

Thats pretty much what we had this year outside of Stafford, Hock, and Ragnow.  I would expect some growth from out young guys and scheme fits better. Plus I am fine sucking and then we have multiple firsts the next couple of years and cap space for better fillers. 

• Like 2

Marvin Jones signed with the Jags on two year $14.5M deal

Andy Dalton has signed with the Bears on 1 year $10M deal

Tyrod Taylor has signed with the Texans on 1 year deal worth up to $12.5M

Looks like Bears and Texans are bracing for change at QB and looking to shore up vets who can start but not costly enough where they can't be backups. I can't imagine that Dalton is the Bears solution at QB.