2021 Free Agents - Current Lions and possible future Lions

Karnage84

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If KG gets $12M on a 1 year deal, I would have to imagine that's still going to be favourable towards maybe a 3rd. If he gets a decent (but not top level contract) but performs well, it should still help work in our favour. APY is the biggest component but not the only component. 

I think everyone’s interested to see where he signs and the contract he gets. 

There’s always a chance he has an offer from the Lions. It’s a very interesting year. I can’t remember the last time I’ve checked NFL publications so many times. Nothing big but lots of moves yet to be made.

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I like the signing of the X GB's QB Tim Boyle, is there a better way to understand GB's coach's play book & thought possess than to sign one of his back-up QB on the cheap?

That's an angle that I didn't even think of and yet is so obvious it is staring you in the face. 

Is an interesting move and maybe a a level of gamesmanship from the 'meathead', MCDC.

22 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That's an angle that I didn't even think of and yet is so obvious it is staring you in the face. 

Is an interesting move and maybe a a level of gamesmanship from the 'meathead', MCDC.

It could be telling if he's cut at final cuts. But he did come cheap.

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I like the signing of the X GB's QB Tim Boyle, is there a better way to understand GB's coach's play book & thought possess than to sign one of his back-up QB on the cheap?

I really don't like it at all. I think this line of thought is was over blown... TBH. I mean honestly it's not like we're going to get a some secret intel over a off-season cause a guy played with Rodgers. More than half the time players know the play that's coming anyways.

I'm actually not a fan of either former Packer players we signed but... They're not long-term or anything so it's just "Meh" for now. If we draft someone at 7 and keep this guy round as player/coach. I'm fine with it even though I think Daniels could of done the same for a year.

A CB/LB that cost the same as the GB RB/QB might of helped this team more. Oh well though, not that big of a deal for a a season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If KG gets $12M on a 1 year deal, I would have to imagine that's still going to be favourable towards maybe a 3rd. If he gets a decent (but not top level contract) but performs well, it should still help work in our favour. APY is the biggest component but not the only component. 

If he signs a 1 year prove it deal for 12M, I hope its in Detroit.  Then he can try the market again next year and we can get the comp pick then. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/3/18/22339091/detroit-lions-signing-kicker-randy-bullock-free-agency

Randy Bullock. 80% last year, poorest season ever I think. Four seasons in the league, career average 82%, Prater was a career average 83%. good low signing.

* side now Matthew Wright is signed too and he was good as a Steelers back up option. Neither guy has the power/distance Prater provided.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Prior to the Boyle signing, yes. 

I don't know if Boyle is enough of a signing to turn away MM. If the Lions have ANY interest in possibly trading Goff (he does become more valuable if Russell Wilson is really not going to be traded and Deshaun is likely not tradeable with the accusations), Mariota is someone you could put in as a starting option. 

If he shows out, you might have a reclamation project and if he doesn't you'll be in a good position to draft the next guy. 

25 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't know if Boyle is enough of a signing to turn away MM. If the Lions have ANY interest in possibly trading Goff (he does become more valuable if Russell Wilson is really not going to be traded and Deshaun is likely not tradeable with the accusations), Mariota is someone you could put in as a starting option. 

If he shows out, you might have a reclamation project and if he doesn't you'll be in a good position to draft the next guy. 

Maybe wait till the draft rolls around. Miss out there and then, yeah, a project like this makes more sense. Goff, Mariota, Draft pick, Boyle, Blough all together seems like a bit much. Idk, miss-management of money/resources maybe idk. Just my thoughts. I'm not a real fan of the Boyle signing, I'm having a hard time figuring out the upside unless we draft someone and Boyle's role is a player/coach type dude teaching.

Edited by SimbaWho

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

Maybe wait till the draft rolls around. Miss out there and then, yeah, a project like this makes more sense. Goff, Mariota, Draft pick, Boyle, Blough all together seems like a bit much. Idk, miss-management of money/resources maybe idk. Just my thoughts. I'm not a real fan of the Boyle signing, I'm having a hard time figuring out the upside unless we draft someone and Boyle's role is a player/coach type dude teaching.

Other than Goff, what is Boyle or Blough really costing us? 

Boyle (27) - $2.5M

Blough (26) - $850k

This is essentially the same cap hit between these two guys as Ty Williams. Sign Mariota to a 1 year, $5M deal with incentives and you have a lot of flexibility. I can't imagine the dead cap between Boyle or Blough would be very much if you decided to move on from either or both.