2021 Free Agents - Current Lions and possible future Lions

Don’t want to read too much into it, but Lions players on the team last season wished Stafford, Marvin, Agnew, Prater, etc all well in free agency. Lots of guys congratulated Romeo on his contract. No one has commented on Golladay so far. The former guys pissed off at Quinntricia (Slay, Diggs, Snacks) have commented. But no one on last years team have. Wonder if the rumors of KG quitting on the team held some truth to them. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I heard it's up to $76 million. Either way $18+ million per year, outrageous. I'm thrilled the Lions didn't touch that.

It does bode well for our 3rd rd comp pick next year. I was worried when I saw all the other teams signing WRs to 1 yr $8 million deals. Thank God NY overpaid this year and KG was too scared to re-enter free agency after another season. 

That’s for sure got to be a 3rd comp pick.  Nobody has signed a deal close to that in free agency. We definitely can’t sign anyone in that tier.  Based on this years projections on over the cap, we look to be in solid shape to get 3-5 comp picks next year depending on the final rankings.  

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

looks like people who signed in the 7ish millions dollar range netted a 5th TD comp pick so we should get one each for Marvin and Jarad Davis. Then Agnew and others could add in a 6th or 7th here and there.  

• Like 1

if i saw  correctly and we get all the draft comps from this yr next yr we could be looking at 12 picks or something close to next draft?  davis agnew jones golladay comps. 7 of our picks and the rams 1st.

Edited by flyguy1609
12 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1374313842134638593?s=21

More cap gymnastics for the Lions. DT Nick Williams has agreed to cut his base salary this fall from $4.1m to $1.25m. Appears to be what he was referencing on Twitter last week when many were wondering whether he was going to be a cap casualty.

10 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

Also Frank Ragnow 5th year option next year right? Does he get a max contract?? Have to build O line around him right?

I have no doubts the FO will try to re-sign him.

Just read on twitter the Lions FO put a $37,500 Superbowl incentive in Muhlbach's contract LMAO

• Like 1