2021 Free Agents - Current Lions and possible future Lions

Karnage84

On 3/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Brockets helps, he isn’t the only answer. 

Agreed. Jarran Reed isn't the sort of guy who is going to put up 10 sacks without other rushers around him. He's a very good secondary rusher, but he isn't a good primary rusher. That all said, if Okwara and Flowers rush the passer well off the edge, he's a guy fully capable of generating good amounts of interior pressure and picking up 5 to 10 sacks.

Brockers is also a secondary rusher. He's not going to win consistently, but he can give you 3 to 6 sacks if you have good pass rushers around him. (Brockers's main value comes as a run stopper.) I don't know what Reed will cost, but if he's reasonable, he'd be a nice addition. A starting DL of:

SDE: Trey Flowers

NT: Michael Brockers

UT: Jarran Reed

WDE: Romeo Okwara

Actually looks like a very good unit on paper.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 2:09 AM, jrry32 said:

Agreed. Jarran Reed isn't the sort of guy who is going to put up 10 sacks without other rushers around him. He's a very good secondary rusher, but he isn't a good primary rusher. That all said, if Okwara and Flowers rush the passer well off the edge, he's a guy fully capable of generating good amounts of interior pressure and picking up 5 to 10 sacks.

Brockers is also a secondary rusher. He's not going to win consistently, but he can give you 3 to 6 sacks if you have good pass rushers around him. (Brockers's main value comes as a run stopper.) I don't know what Reed will cost, but if he's reasonable, he'd be a nice addition. A starting DL of:

SDE: Trey Flowers

NT: Michael Brockers

UT: Jarran Reed

WDE: Romeo Okwara

Actually looks like a very good unit on paper.

That starting unit would be solid and disruptive with plenty of experience and productivity. I like the idea of it. I also wouldn't mind checking out Roby-Coleman for the nickelback role. 

3 minutes ago, MrLionzz said:

That starting unit would be solid and disruptive with plenty of experience and productivity. I like the idea of it. I also wouldn't mind checking out Roby-Coleman for the nickelback role. 

Unfortunately, Reed signed with the Chiefs.

• 2 weeks later...