The AFC West could make history in a sense...

pf9

If the Kansas City Chiefs win the AFC West in both 2021 and 2022, they would have 15 division titles - same as the other teams in the AFC West. No other division currently has the same amount of titles won by each of its current members (the NFC South did for one year, 2013; since then, four titles by the Saints, two by the Panthers, and one by the Falcons, with Tampa Bay last winning the division in 2007).

The other two AFC West titles were won by a former member, Seattle.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I mean, we used to.

Meh, you guys will win it in 2021, but expect someone new after that. Mahomes doesn’t guarantee you some weird 15 year run like Tom Brady. This division is historically competitive, and the Chargers and Raiders always give the Chiefs a run for their money, and both are massively trending upwards with their rosters/teams. 

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Meh, you guys will win it in 2021, but expect someone new after that. Mahomes doesn’t guarantee you some weird 15 year run like Tom Brady. This division is historically competitive, and the Chargers and Raiders always give the Chiefs a run for their money, and both are massively trending upwards with their rosters/teams. 

Well if wishes were fishes we’d all eat 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It won’t be easy. But I wouldn’t say that the Raiders have matched up particularly well against Andy Reid and his Chiefs

The Chargers or the Raiders might create a better roster than the Chiefs in 2022, but I wouldn’t bet against Reid/Mahomes. Chargers had a better overall roster in 2018 but even that wasn’t enough for them to win the division 

It’s insane what Andy Reid has done in the division. The Chiefs surprise me every year with how consistent they are against AFCW opponents. 

Edited by Nightime

6 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

The rest of the AFCW can take solace in the fact that they at least slowed down Mahomes.

Mahomes against the AFCW:
94.8 QB Rating, 7.4 ANY/A

Mahomes against everyone else:
115 QB Rating, 8.8 ANY/A

Makes sense, they're all obsessed with us. Their entire drafts are pretty much just trying to get guys that match up against us.

Edited by Kirill

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

The rest of the AFCW can take solace in the fact that they at least slowed down Mahomes.

Mahomes against the AFCW:
94.8 QB Rating, 7.4 ANY/A

Mahomes against everyone else:
115 QB Rating, 8.8 ANY/A

I would bet that the Chargers carry a lot of that. What Gus Bradley runs on D is predictable, but it is definitely the right thing to do against our offense.

Though, I think the numbers are off, still. Mahomes has a passer rating >97 against all the AFC West teams. Wouldn't make sense for him to have a 94.8 total.

15 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I would bet that the Chargers carry a lot of that. What Gus Bradley runs on D is predictable, but it is definitely the right thing to do against our offense.

Though, I think the numbers are off, still. Mahomes has a passer rating >97 against all the AFC West teams. Wouldn't make sense for him to have a 94.8 total.

I should note that it's just this regular season. His first 2 games against the Chargers (90.9 rating) & Raiders (83.5 rating) dragged him down.

17 hours ago, Kirill said:

Makes sense, they're all obsessed with us. Their entire drafts are pretty much just trying to get guys that match up against us.

Basically every single team does this with other teams within their own division since it accounts for 6 games a year as opposed to the possibility of just 1.

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers won the division 7 out of 13 years (so far), Manning won 11 out of 13 years, Brady won almost every single year (although the AFC East never really put out a strong challenger). Just having Mahomes pretty much guarantees the Chiefs domination for a while, provided he stays healthy.