Jump to content

2020 - TCMD "War Room" New York Giants


Recommended Posts

Total Control GM Mock Draft Personal Team Workbooks
Official start date Feb 8th
New York Giants
New York Giants - Official Roster
 
Other useful links
Schedule
Guidelines
NFL Draft Board
League Trade Block
Waiver Wire - WW
Unrestricted Free Agency - UFA
Restricted Free Agency - RFA
Exclusive Rights Free Agency - ERFA
Forum Links
League Office
Discussion Thread
Inside the Locker
Draft Thread
 

Transactions

Acquired Through Trade

  • Royce Freeman - RB
  • Mike Williams - WR
  • James Washington - WR
  • Senio Kelemete - G
  • Ryan Jensen - C

Acquired in Free Agency

UFA

  • Jermaine Eluemunor - OL
  • James Hurst - T/G
  • Carlos Watkins - IDL
  • Haason Reddick - 34OLB
  • Yannick Ngakoue - 34OLB
  • Nicholas Morrow - ILB
  • Michael Davis - CB

ERFA/RFA/Resign

  • Austin Mack - WR
  • Leonard Williams - 34DE
  • Devante Downs - ILB
  • Adrian Colbert - S

Waiver Wire

  • Jonathan Hubbard - LT
  • Coleman Shelton - LG
  • Curtis Weaver - 34OLB

Roster

Still looking to add more through free agency and will be releasing several of the lower skilled players currently on the roster.

Player Name Pos
Daniel Jones QB
Alex Tanney QB
Royce Freeman RB
Saquon Barkley RB
Taquan Mizzell RB
Jordan Chunn RB
Elijhaa Penny FB
Evan Engram TE
Kaden Smith TE
Levine Toilolo TE
Rysen John TE
Nakia Griffin-Stewart TE
Nate Wieting TE
Sterling Shepard WR
Mike Williams WR
Darius Slayton WR
James Washington WR
Dante Pettis WR
Austin Mack WR
Da'Mari Scott WR
Cody Core WR
Alex Bachman WR
David Sills WR
Andrew Thomas LT
Jackson Barton LT
Jonathan Hubbard LT
Senio Kelemete LG
Shane Lemieux LG
Coleman Shelton LG
Jermaine Eluemunor LG
Ryan Jensen C
Nick Gates C
Kevin Zeitler RG
Kenny Wiggins RG
Chad Slade RG
Kyle Murphy RG
Matt Peart RT
James Hurst RT
Leonard Williams 34DE
Dexter Lawrence 34DE
B.J. Hill 34DE
R.J. McIntosh 34DE
Breeland Speaks 34DE
Carlos Watkins 34DE
David Moa 34DT
Curtis Weaver 34OLB
Haason Reddick 34OLB
Yannick Ngakoue 34OLB
Lorenzo Carter 34OLB
Carter Coughlin 34OLB
Oshane Ximines 34OLB
Trent Harris 34OLB
Niko Lalos 34OLB
Blake Martinez ILB
Nicholas Morrow ILB
Tae Crowder ILB
Devante Downs ILB
Cam Brown ILB
T.J. Brunson ILB
Cale Garrett ILB
James Bradberry CB
Michael Davis CB
Isaac Yiadom CB
Darnay Holmes CB
Ryan Lewis CB
Sam Beal CB
Quincy Wilson CB
Logan Ryan S
Jabrill Peppers S
Xavier McKinney S
Adrian Colbert S
Graham Gano K
Riley Dixon P
Carson Tinker LS
Edited by ny92mike
Link to post
Share on other sites

TOP 51 Cap Space $31,259,613
Top 51 $174,824,594
League Cap $205,730,000
Total Cap Hit $182,324,594
Dead Money $3,136,160
Accrued Dead Money $0
Carry Over $7,450,367
Estimated Rookie Pool $3,960,000

@YogiBiz and I have decided the following transactions:

June 1st D 0982 - Golden Tate - WR
June 1st E1 1923 - Nate Solder - LT

Changing our salary cap to the following:

2021 $57,052,555
2022 $116,918,231

We are also looking to release the following contracts the first day we are allowed to post.

Released C 1678 - Levine Toilolo - TE
Released D 0510 - Cody Core - WR
Released H3 0696 - David Mayo - ILB

New Cap:

2021 $62,322,555

In addition to these transactions, we are going to be applying the Exclusive Franchise Tag to Leonard Williams.  Doing so will hit our salary at a little over 19 million.  However, after doing so we will be extending his contract to 6 - 7 years, bringing his 2021 cap hit to 10 million and with a very limited number of players under contract this franchise will have no issue absorbing any back loaded contracts.  

We are going to be extending James Bradberry's current 3 year deal, freeing up close to 7 million this year.  We're also looking at a few other players to extend.  Blake Martinez being the other one who could potentially save the franchise 7 million this year.

Restructure we currently have one listed, Sterling Shepard.  Normally I'm not a fan of doing these but this team has the future cap to do these types of contracts without worrying about money.  We've still go a quarterback under a rookie deal so we don't have any 20-30 million dollar deals eating up the cap.

My goal for the Giants is to free up as much cap for 2021 as possible so that we can be aggressive in the first couple of rounds with free agency.

We haven't locked anyone in as tradable, but we are floating some players just to see what their value is;  Saquon Barkley and Evan Engram.  

Saquon Barkley unless the Giants apply the 5th year option will be a free agent in 2022.  Evan Engram had the 5th year option applied to him last year, making him a free agent in 2022.  Rather than losing them to the open market next year, because I really don't believe either one of these guys would resign with the Giants next season if they had their choice of teams to play for...Just my opinion.

If we decide not to trade them, then expect the 5th year option to be applied to Barkley.

 

  

   

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

 

TOP 51 Cap Space $31,259,613
Top 51 $174,824,594
League Cap $205,730,000
Total Cap Hit $182,324,594
Dead Money $3,136,160
Accrued Dead Money $0
Carry Over $7,450,367
Estimated Rookie Pool $3,960,000

@YogiBiz and I have decided the following transactions:

 

June 1st D 0982 - Golden Tate - WR
June 1st E1 1923 - Nate Solder - LT

Changing our salary cap to the following:

 

2021 $57,052,555
2022 $116,918,231

We are also looking to release the following contracts the first day we are allowed to post.

 

Released C 1678 - Levine Toilolo - TE
Released D 0510 - Cody Core - WR
Released H3 0696 - David Mayo - ILB

New Cap:

 

2021 $62,322,555

In addition to these transactions, we are going to be applying the Exclusive Franchise Tag to Leonard Williams.  Doing so will hit our salary at a little over 19 million.  However, after doing so we will be extending his contract to 6 - 7 years, bringing his 2021 cap hit to 10 million and with a very limited number of players under contract this franchise will have no issue absorbing any back loaded contracts.  

We are going to be extending James Bradberry's current 3 year deal, freeing up close to 7 million this year.  We're also looking at a few other players to extend.  Blake Martinez being the other one who could potentially save the franchise 7 million this year.

Restructure we currently have one listed, Sterling Shepard.  Normally I'm not a fan of doing these but this team has the future cap to do these types of contracts without worrying about money.  We've still go a quarterback under a rookie deal so we don't have any 20-30 million dollar deals eating up the cap.

My goal for the Giants is to free up as much cap for 2021 as possible so that we can be aggressive in the first couple of rounds with free agency.

We haven't locked anyone in as tradable, but we are floating some players just to see what their value is;  Saquon Barkley and Evan Engram.  

Saquon Barkley unless the Giants apply the 5th year option will be a free agent in 2022.  Evan Engram had the 5th year option applied to him last year, making him a free agent in 2022.  Rather than losing them to the open market next year, because I really don't believe either one of these guys would resign with the Giants next season if they had their choice of teams to play for...Just my opinion.

If we decide not to trade them, then expect the 5th year option to be applied to Barkley.

 

  

   

 

Seconded GIFs | Tenor

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

WR
DE/OLB pass rusher
OL
CB
RB

Id like to address the edge with a legit true 34olb someone that can not only get after the QB but someone that can actually defend against the run, helping out Blake and that can defend against the pass in zone coverage.  Not sure yet who that is just yet.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Do you thing shepard would be better suited in the slot?  

Yep. I'd like to see Slayton as the #2, Shepard in the slot, and a draft pick in the #1 position. Shepard is sure handed and will succeed against CB3's and LB's in the slot. But we need a guy who can beat 1 on 1 coverage and sadly Shep has not proven he can do so consistently. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Yep. I'd like to see Slayton as the #2, Shepard in the slot, and a draft pick in the #1 position. Shepard is sure handed and will succeed against CB3's and LB's in the slot. But we need a guy who can beat 1 on 1 coverage and sadly Shep has not proven he can do so consistently. 

My thoughts exactly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Call to arms.

@Acgott @y*so*blu @Kip Smithers @Gmen @GMENNATION @Shockwave @Giants4eva @Go_Giants @YogiBiz 

If you don't won't to be involved, that's fine just wanted to get the invites out to everyone, which I'm sure I've left off several names.

This mock doesn't really get going until the 1st but teams are already getting their trade blocks up.

A lot of talent floating around, any interest in the following, let me know and either @YogiBiz or myself or if one of you guys want to get involved can inquire more about it?  Players with a contract term length of 1 year can be extended to make the impact of a large cap hit more affordable if needed.  Our front office has put both Barkley and Engram on the block but we will not be actively pursuing a trade for either unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

 

GM Player Identifier NFL Team Pos. Exp Contract Terms Return Value/Notes (Optional)
@Forge 0051 - Akiem Hicks - 34DE CHI 34DE 9 1yr / $12,000,000  
@squire12 0723 - Dean Lowry - 34DE GB 34DE 5 2yr / $13,600,000 day 3 pick
@jch1911 1068 - J.J. Watt - 34DE HOU 34DE 10 1yr / $17,500,000 2nd round or higher (probably will extend his contract)
@mountainpd 2559 - William Gholston - 34DE TB 34DE 8 1yr / $5,500,000  
@jch1911 0278 - Brandon Dunn - 34DT HOU 34DT 6 2yr / $8,500,000 Day 3 pick / make an offer
@mountainpd 1202 - Jason Pierre-Paul - 34OLB TB 34OLB 11 1yr / $12,500,000  
@squire12 2041 - Preston Smith - 34OLB GB 34OLB 6 2yr / $32,500,000 day 2 pick
@jch1911 2545 - Whitney Mercilus - 34OLB HOU 34OLB 9 3yr / $40,500,000 make an offer
@samsel23 0074 - Alex Okafor - 43DE KC 43DE 8 1yr / $2,000,000 Player for Player Swap
@Justone2 0734 - Dee Ford - 43DE SF 43DE 7 3yr / $64,354,988 Early day 3
@samsel23 0755 - Demone Harris - 43DE KC 43DE 1 1yr / $780,000 Player for Player Swap
@T-rade 0770 - Derek Barnett - 43DE PHI 43DE 4 1yr / $10,051,000 2nd
@Justone2 1563 - Kentavius Street - 43DE SF 43DE 2 1yr / $1,002,550 Pick swap
@MikeT14 1346 - Jonathan Allen - 43DT WAS 43DT 4 1yr / $10,051,000 First round or good player+Day 2?
@cortes02 2252 - Sheldon Richardson - 43DT CLE 43DT 8 1yr / $13,666,668  
@MikeT14 2374 - Tim Settle - 43DT WAS 43DT 3 1yr / $987,011 Maybe a high pick swap. Round 4 poss'
@Uncle Buck 0130 - Anthony Barr - 43OLB MIN 43OLB 7 3yr / $49,200,000 Make Offer
@jch1911 1958 - Nick Martin - C HOU C 5 2yr / $18,000,000 Day 3 pick / make an offer
@mountainpd 2179 - Ryan Jensen - C TB C 8 1yr / $10,000,000  
@Justone2 2544 - Weston Richburg - C SF C 7 2yr / $24,466,442 Day 3 pick
@Forge 0346 - Buster Skrine - CB CHI CB 10 3yr / $8,300,000  
@JetsandI 1176 - Janoris Jenkins - CB NO CB 9 2yr / $22,950,000  
@Cbrunn 1282 - Joe Haden - CB PIT CB 11 1yr / $15,575,000  
@squire12 1410 - Josh Jackson - CB GB CB 3 1yr / $1,990,577 day 3 pick
@jch1911 1690 - Lonnie Johnson Jr. - CB HOU CB 2 2yr / $3,081,091 make an offer
@Cbrunn 2290 - Steven Nelson - CB PIT CB 6 1yr / $14,420,000  
@jch1911 0223 - Benardrick McKinney - ILB HOU ILB 6 3yr / $29,000,000 make an offer
@squire12 0490 - Christian Kirksey - ILB GB ILB 7 1yr / $8,000,000 day 3 pick
@MikeT14 1336 - Jon Bostic - ILB WAS ILB 8 1yr / $2,965,000 Late round
@squire12 1991 - Oren Burks - ILB GB ILB 3 1yr / $1,150,189 day 3 pick
@jch1911 0310 - Brett Maher - K HOU K 1 1yr / $780,000 bits of string
@mountainpd 2343 - Ted Larsen - LG TB LG 10 1yr / $1,080,000  
@Forge 0431 - Charles Leno Jr. - LT CHI LT 7 3yr / $14,100,000  
@mountainpd 0830 - Donovan Smith - LT TB LT 6 1yr / $14,250,000  
@samsel23 0908 - Eric Fisher - LT KC LT 8 1yr / $14,006,668 3rd Round Value
@samsel23 1771 - Martinas Rankin - LT KC LT 3 1yr / $920,000 Player for Player Swap
@T-rade 0402 - Carson Wentz - QB PHI QB 5 4yr / $132,221,608 1st
@T-rade 1133 - Jalen Hurts - QB PHI QB 1 3yr / $4,929,690 2nd
@BowserBroncos 1236 - Jeff Driskel - QB DEN QB 5 1yr / $3,250,000 7th
@Justone2 1268 - Jimmy Garoppolo - QB SF QB 7 2yr / $53,900,000 Day 2 pick
@squire12 1377 - Jordan Love - QB GB QB 1 3yr / $10,131,930 late 1st
@jch1911 1418 - Josh McCown - QB HOU QB 18 1yr / $1,075,000 make an offer
@JetsandI 2339 - Taysom Hill - QB NO QB 4 1yr / $  
@samsel23 0608 - Damien Williams - RB KC RB 6 1yr / $2,783,334 Player for Player Swap
@jch1911 0693 - David Johnson - RB HOU RB 6 1yr / $9,000,000 Make an offer (will accept bits of string)
@BowserBroncos 1824 - Melvin Gordon - RB DEN RB 6 1yr / $9,000,000 Make an offer
@ny92mike 2215 - Saquon Barkley - RB NYG RB 3 1yr / $10,095,602 Optimal Value (1st/Equal Value Player/Good Prospect+Pick) Will not trade unless this value is met
@Cbrunn 0690 - David DeCastro - RG PIT RG 9 1yr / $14,297,500  
@jch1911 2229 - Senio Kelemete - RG HOU RG 8 1yr / $2,000,000 make an offer
@MikeT14 2542 - Wes Martin - RG WAS RG 2 2yr / $2,140,404 Pick swap
@Forge 0252 - Bobby Massie - RT CHI RT 9 3yr / $27,900,000  
@samsel23 1886 - Mitchell Schwartz - RT KC RT 9 1yr / $10,005,000 4th Round Value
@BowserBroncos 1517 - Kareem Jackson - S DEN S 10 1yr / $12,882,353 Make an offer
@MikeT14 1645 - Landon Collins - S WAS S 6 4yr / $65,800,000  
@T-rade 2141 - Rodney McLeod - S PHI S 9 4yr / $7,000,000 5th
@Cbrunn 2355 - Terrell Edmunds - S PIT S 3 1yr / $3,403,842  
@MikeT14 2457 - Troy Apke - S WAS S 3 1yr / $1,095,909 Late round
@mountainpd 0377 - Cameron Brate - TE TB TE 6 3yr / $20,800,000  
@jch1911 0672 - Darren Fells - TE HOU TE 7 1yr / $2,800,000 Make an offer
@ny92mike 0927 - Evan Engram - TE NYG TE 4 1yr / $6,013,000 Low 2nd/High 3rd
@Uncle Buck 1621 - Kyle Rudolph - TE MIN TE 10 3yr / $31,350,000 Make Offer
@mountainpd 1980 - O.J. Howard - TE TB TE 4 1yr / $6,013,000  
@T-rade 2590 - Zach Ertz - TE PHI TE 8 3yr / $16,019,500 Low 2nd/High 3rd
@Forge 0144 - Anthony Miller - WR CHI WR 3 1yr / $1,703,450  
@Justone2 0481 - Chris Thompson - WR SF WR 2 1yr / $780,000 Pick swap
@JetsandI 0901 - Emmanuel Sanders - WR NO WR 11 2yr / $12,000,000  
@T-rade 1065 - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - WR PHI WR 2 2yr / $2,925,724 4th
@Cbrunn 1165 - James Washington - WR PIT WR 3 1yr / $1,432,247  
@Justone2 1781 - Matt Cole - WR SF WR 1 1yr / $660,000 Pick swap
@cortes02 1982 - Odell Beckham Jr. - WR CLE WR 7 3yr / $45,750,000  
@MikeT14 2292 - Steven Sims - WR WAS WR 2 1yr / $855,000 Upper Day 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Call to arms.

@Acgott @y*so*blu @Kip Smithers @Gmen @GMENNATION @Shockwave @Giants4eva @Go_Giants @YogiBiz 

If you don't won't to be involved, that's fine just wanted to get the invites out to everyone, which I'm sure I've left off several names.

This mock doesn't really get going until the 1st but teams are already getting their trade blocks up.

A lot of talent floating around, any interest in the following, let me know and either @YogiBiz or myself or if one of you guys want to get involved can inquire more about it?  Players with a contract term length of 1 year can be extended to make the impact of a large cap hit more affordable if needed.  Our front office has put both Barkley and Engram on the block but we will not be actively pursuing a trade for either unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

 

 

GM Player Identifier NFL Team Pos. Exp Contract Terms Return Value/Notes (Optional)
@Forge 0051 - Akiem Hicks - 34DE CHI 34DE 9 1yr / $12,000,000  
@squire12 0723 - Dean Lowry - 34DE GB 34DE 5 2yr / $13,600,000 day 3 pick
@jch1911 1068 - J.J. Watt - 34DE HOU 34DE 10 1yr / $17,500,000 2nd round or higher (probably will extend his contract)
@mountainpd 2559 - William Gholston - 34DE TB 34DE 8 1yr / $5,500,000  
@jch1911 0278 - Brandon Dunn - 34DT HOU 34DT 6 2yr / $8,500,000 Day 3 pick / make an offer
@mountainpd 1202 - Jason Pierre-Paul - 34OLB TB 34OLB 11 1yr / $12,500,000  
@squire12 2041 - Preston Smith - 34OLB GB 34OLB 6 2yr / $32,500,000 day 2 pick
@jch1911 2545 - Whitney Mercilus - 34OLB HOU 34OLB 9 3yr / $40,500,000 make an offer
@samsel23 0074 - Alex Okafor - 43DE KC 43DE 8 1yr / $2,000,000 Player for Player Swap
@Justone2 0734 - Dee Ford - 43DE SF 43DE 7 3yr / $64,354,988 Early day 3
@samsel23 0755 - Demone Harris - 43DE KC 43DE 1 1yr / $780,000 Player for Player Swap
@T-rade 0770 - Derek Barnett - 43DE PHI 43DE 4 1yr / $10,051,000 2nd
@Justone2 1563 - Kentavius Street - 43DE SF 43DE 2 1yr / $1,002,550 Pick swap
@MikeT14 1346 - Jonathan Allen - 43DT WAS 43DT 4 1yr / $10,051,000 First round or good player+Day 2?
@cortes02 2252 - Sheldon Richardson - 43DT CLE 43DT 8 1yr / $13,666,668  
@MikeT14 2374 - Tim Settle - 43DT WAS 43DT 3 1yr / $987,011 Maybe a high pick swap. Round 4 poss'
@Uncle Buck 0130 - Anthony Barr - 43OLB MIN 43OLB 7 3yr / $49,200,000 Make Offer
@jch1911 1958 - Nick Martin - C HOU C 5 2yr / $18,000,000 Day 3 pick / make an offer
@mountainpd 2179 - Ryan Jensen - C TB C 8 1yr / $10,000,000  
@Justone2 2544 - Weston Richburg - C SF C 7 2yr / $24,466,442 Day 3 pick
@Forge 0346 - Buster Skrine - CB CHI CB 10 3yr / $8,300,000  
@JetsandI 1176 - Janoris Jenkins - CB NO CB 9 2yr / $22,950,000  
@Cbrunn 1282 - Joe Haden - CB PIT CB 11 1yr / $15,575,000  
@squire12 1410 - Josh Jackson - CB GB CB 3 1yr / $1,990,577 day 3 pick
@jch1911 1690 - Lonnie Johnson Jr. - CB HOU CB 2 2yr / $3,081,091 make an offer
@Cbrunn 2290 - Steven Nelson - CB PIT CB 6 1yr / $14,420,000  
@jch1911 0223 - Benardrick McKinney - ILB HOU ILB 6 3yr / $29,000,000 make an offer
@squire12 0490 - Christian Kirksey - ILB GB ILB 7 1yr / $8,000,000 day 3 pick
@MikeT14 1336 - Jon Bostic - ILB WAS ILB 8 1yr / $2,965,000 Late round
@squire12 1991 - Oren Burks - ILB GB ILB 3 1yr / $1,150,189 day 3 pick
@jch1911 0310 - Brett Maher - K HOU K 1 1yr / $780,000 bits of string
@mountainpd 2343 - Ted Larsen - LG TB LG 10 1yr / $1,080,000  
@Forge 0431 - Charles Leno Jr. - LT CHI LT 7 3yr / $14,100,000  
@mountainpd 0830 - Donovan Smith - LT TB LT 6 1yr / $14,250,000  
@samsel23 0908 - Eric Fisher - LT KC LT 8 1yr / $14,006,668 3rd Round Value
@samsel23 1771 - Martinas Rankin - LT KC LT 3 1yr / $920,000 Player for Player Swap
@T-rade 0402 - Carson Wentz - QB PHI QB 5 4yr / $132,221,608 1st
@T-rade 1133 - Jalen Hurts - QB PHI QB 1 3yr / $4,929,690 2nd
@BowserBroncos 1236 - Jeff Driskel - QB DEN QB 5 1yr / $3,250,000 7th
@Justone2 1268 - Jimmy Garoppolo - QB SF QB 7 2yr / $53,900,000 Day 2 pick
@squire12 1377 - Jordan Love - QB GB QB 1 3yr / $10,131,930 late 1st
@jch1911 1418 - Josh McCown - QB HOU QB 18 1yr / $1,075,000 make an offer
@JetsandI 2339 - Taysom Hill - QB NO QB 4 1yr / $  
@samsel23 0608 - Damien Williams - RB KC RB 6 1yr / $2,783,334 Player for Player Swap
@jch1911 0693 - David Johnson - RB HOU RB 6 1yr / $9,000,000 Make an offer (will accept bits of string)
@BowserBroncos 1824 - Melvin Gordon - RB DEN RB 6 1yr / $9,000,000 Make an offer
@ny92mike 2215 - Saquon Barkley - RB NYG RB 3 1yr / $10,095,602 Optimal Value (1st/Equal Value Player/Good Prospect+Pick) Will not trade unless this value is met
@Cbrunn 0690 - David DeCastro - RG PIT RG 9 1yr / $14,297,500  
@jch1911 2229 - Senio Kelemete - RG HOU RG 8 1yr / $2,000,000 make an offer
@MikeT14 2542 - Wes Martin - RG WAS RG 2 2yr / $2,140,404 Pick swap
@Forge 0252 - Bobby Massie - RT CHI RT 9 3yr / $27,900,000  
@samsel23 1886 - Mitchell Schwartz - RT KC RT 9 1yr / $10,005,000 4th Round Value
@BowserBroncos 1517 - Kareem Jackson - S DEN S 10 1yr / $12,882,353 Make an offer
@MikeT14 1645 - Landon Collins - S WAS S 6 4yr / $65,800,000  
@T-rade 2141 - Rodney McLeod - S PHI S 9 4yr / $7,000,000 5th
@Cbrunn 2355 - Terrell Edmunds - S PIT S 3 1yr / $3,403,842  
@MikeT14 2457 - Troy Apke - S WAS S 3 1yr / $1,095,909 Late round
@mountainpd 0377 - Cameron Brate - TE TB TE 6 3yr / $20,800,000  
@jch1911 0672 - Darren Fells - TE HOU TE 7 1yr / $2,800,000 Make an offer
@ny92mike 0927 - Evan Engram - TE NYG TE 4 1yr / $6,013,000 Low 2nd/High 3rd
@Uncle Buck 1621 - Kyle Rudolph - TE MIN TE 10 3yr / $31,350,000 Make Offer
@mountainpd 1980 - O.J. Howard - TE TB TE 4 1yr / $6,013,000  
@T-rade 2590 - Zach Ertz - TE PHI TE 8 3yr / $16,019,500 Low 2nd/High 3rd
@Forge 0144 - Anthony Miller - WR CHI WR 3 1yr / $1,703,450  
@Justone2 0481 - Chris Thompson - WR SF WR 2 1yr / $780,000 Pick swap
@JetsandI 0901 - Emmanuel Sanders - WR NO WR 11 2yr / $12,000,000  
@T-rade 1065 - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - WR PHI WR 2 2yr / $2,925,724 4th
@Cbrunn 1165 - James Washington - WR PIT WR 3 1yr / $1,432,247  
@Justone2 1781 - Matt Cole - WR SF WR 1 1yr / $660,000 Pick swap
@cortes02 1982 - Odell Beckham Jr. - WR CLE WR 7 3yr / $45,750,000  
@MikeT14 2292 - Steven Sims - WR WAS WR 2 1yr / $855,000 Upper Day 3

I was involved in this a couple of years ago, while I enjoyed it, it was also some work. I don't see myself doing more than putting my 2 cents in every now and then. However what ever vision I have is different from Yogi's vision so don't see my involvement being too helpful. Can see myself being more involved next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I was involved in this a couple of years ago, while I enjoyed it, it was also some work. I don't see myself doing more than putting my 2 cents in every now and then. However what ever vision I have is different from Yogi's vision so don't see my involvement being too helpful. Can see myself being more involved next season.

I'm all about hearing every ones opinions, differing or not.  Yogi and myself don't see eye to eye on everything either and that's OK.  That's what I like about these mock drafts.  It gets quality debate going on in our sub forum.  Your 2 cents could help me see things in a different light.  I posted our pending moves in the earlier post.

My plan is to free up as much cap as we possible can by trimming the fat of some of these high contracts that we aren't seeing a return on, such as Nate Solder and Golden Tate.  

I plan to be aggressive in the first couple rounds of free agency in hopes of landing some quality talent in some of our top needs.  I'm hoping to have most of our needs filled in FA so that we can take best player available in the draft, however it doesn't always go a planned.

Anyway, please drop your two cents when you can.

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I was involved in this a couple of years ago, while I enjoyed it, it was also some work. I don't see myself doing more than putting my 2 cents in every now and then. However what ever vision I have is different from Yogi's vision so don't see my involvement being too helpful. Can see myself being more involved next season.

But I like discussing Giants with you doggie. You always reel in my homerness 

Edited by YogiBiz
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Id like to address the edge with a legit true 34olb someone that can not only get after the QB but someone that can actually defend against the run, helping out Blake and that can defend against the pass in zone coverage.  Not sure yet who that is just yet.

 

So you want a guy who is a good pass rusher, good against the run, and is good in zone coverage. 

(Cough Zaven Collins Cough)

That list is a pretty limited list of high tier players. Probably the only guy I would feel comfortable getting to manage that role would be a Anthony Barr trade, but even then how will he be rushing most of time and not dropping back into man coverage. Another guy I like in that role would be Zaven Collins from Tulsa. But that would require us to trade up back into the early 20's. 

If the plan is to keep Dalvin and Leonard, we have some of the best run stopping down lineman in the league. The Giants were 10th against the run (while our defense was on the field for the 10th most plays of the year) and 16th against the pass. 

If our offense can stay on the field for more plays (in turn limiting the amount of time other teams have the ball), maybe the overall number will improve.

The real problem with this D is they couldn't get off the field enough on obvious passing downs, surrendering the 8th most first downs through the air in the league. Some of that has to do with not having a reliable #2 Corner, but Bradberry, Peppers, and Ryan in the defensive backfield, you would expect a tad bit more resistance in that department. A more refined pass rusher (even if he's not an elite run defender, an average one would work fine) will do wonders for this defense.

I've also sent you a list of guys I am really intrigued about and wondering if I can get the go ahead to contact some GM's about there available players. 

Edited by YogiBiz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...