The Hidden Dynasty: 1967-1983 Raiders

SkippyX

17 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I will add data to this one later but here is the short summary.

Bradshaw was 3-2 vs the Raiders in the playoffs with 5 TDs to 9 picks

He was 11-3 with 25 TDs to 15 picks in his other playoff games.

That's something like a 50 rating to 110 rating split (math later)

Not bad for in your head math. 52.8 rating vs. the Raiders. 94.8 vs. everyone else.

1 hour ago, Malik said:

Wild to think that them (and the Dolphins) were once crown jewels of the NFL. Now they're just some teams

Dynasties come and go. There was a time when Washibgton was part of the Great NFC Wars in the 80's with Chicago, SF AND NYG.

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Wild to think that them (and the Dolphins) were once crown jewels of the NFL. Now they're just some teams

The Patriots were “just some team” for a long time. Try telling that to anyone who only started watching the sport since the year 2000 where they’ve been consistent contenders.

NFL success works in cycles. A small handful of teams will often dominate for a couple of decades at a time and then fade back into mediocrity (or worse).

20 hours ago, biggie. said:

Dynasties come and go. There was a time when Washibgton was part of the Great NFC Wars in the 80's with Chicago, SF AND NYG.

The NFC East from 1986-1995 was crazy (7 of 10 SBs)

• DC SBs - 1987, 1991
  • NY SBs - 1986, 1990
  • Dallas SBs - 1992, 1993, 1995

I was an Eagles fan. It hurt!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 8:55 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

That team gets forgotten due to the fact that the 90 and 92 teams were just OK, if that, but holy cow was that 91 team an absolute wrecking crew. 

I agree. That '91 Skins team is far too often forgotten. I suppose because they just weren't the same the next year. 9-7 and out in the divisional and then a full blown wreck in '93. That '91 team went 14-2 though. Two losses by a combined 7 points and one of them a meaningless week 17 game. Then rolled through the playoffs. A really great team that likely would have handled SF.

Edited by WideRight