DP8017's Its Happening Mock

Dawgpoun8017

Great season guys given the circumstances that we had this year I think this team competed and performed admirably, we came up just short of going to the AFC Title game, if you had told me at the beginning of the year that we would have won as many games as we did, make the playoffs and actually win a game in the playoffs I would have said sign me up right now,  I really think we have a great foundation going forward, and hopefully getting people back from injury like Grant Delpit. and Andrew Billings will be helpful as well.  The future is bright brethren. it is our time

source.gif

Free Agency

Resign BJ Goodson to 1 year deal

b.j-goodson.jpg

Resign- Hollywood Higgins

USATSI_15054510-1024x683.jpg

Sign Richard Sherman

richard-sherman-012920-2-ftr-gettyjpg_15

Draft

1. Zaven Collins-SLB-Tulsa

USATSI_15215347-1-1024x683.jpg

2.) Jevon Holland- S- Oregon

0029716-chus-1280x720.jpg

*TRADE- a 3rd, 4th, 2022 pick to move back into 2nd*

2b.) Carlos Basham-DE- Wake Forest

basham.jpg

3. Cam McGrone-MLB- Michigan

9874592.jpg

4. Ifeatu Melifonwu-CB-Syracuse

GettyImages-1031809172-scaled.jpg

5.) Dayo Odeyingbo-DE-Vanderbilt

dayo-odeyingbo-nfl-draft-player-profile-

6. Trill Williams-CB-Syracuse

10010927.jpg

7.) BPA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I like it. Do you have us keeping OBJ?

I hope we do

I do, from everything I have been seeing OBJ has been buying in, and when healthy bud brings a dimension that none of our other WR do. We need a WR who can go vertical and he can, right now he’s only costing us money and it’s very much likely that okey will be guaranteed so might as well get something out of him 

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I like the offseason, it’s quiet but effective.

I hate saying this ad nauseous, but I like Zaven. I absolutely think he will have success. I just think he’s too big for our scheme. I think we want fast, but small LBs.

Fred Warner is 6’3 Zaven is 6’4

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I hate saying this ad nauseous, but I like Zaven. I absolutely think he will have success. I just think he’s too big for our scheme. I think we want fast, but small LBs.

Case in point re:2020 draft we selected Jacob Phillips 1 slot ahead of the Rats selecting Malik Harrison. Malik will have a fine NFL career, but I am glad we have Phillips.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You are not wrong.

The ideal LBs I see from this draft for the Browns would 

• Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
  • Nick Bolton
  • Chazz Surratt
  • Jabril Cox
  • Like 1

I would take Zaven Collins over either Owusu-Koramoah, Surratt or Cox. I think Nick Bolton is going to be a good LB at the next level. In my opinion Collins will have the best career out of the bunch. Our "scheme" for lack of a better word is non-existent and if what we saw this past season is an example it should be scrubbed in any case.

Collins is the type of player the Steelers or Ravens draft and we end getting hammerd by for the next 10 years.  He can cover, he can rush when needed and although the idea is foreign to Brown's fans he can also actually tackle.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Love the zaven Collins pick.

i like keeping Goodson and Higgins. There’s some other free agents we need to address. I want Matt Milano and Anthony Harris in free agency.

I would love Anthony Harris too but I think Berry is still very bullish on Delpit, and Harris is probably going to get top of the spectrum Safety money from someone, right behind Justin Simmons.  as far as Milano goes, I like his coverage ability, don't like his tackling ability