2020 QB options, you chose your QB

turtle28

Which QB do you want starting in 2021?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want starting in 2021?

• QB 1
    • QB 2
    • QB 3
    • QB 4
    • QB 5
    • QB 6
    • QB 7
    • QB 8
    • QB 9
    • QB 10
    • QB 11

No names here, just scenarios including what it would take to trade for a few guys. Also, these stats are prorated as if the player played 16 games & played in our offense where we threw the ball an amazing 601 times despite not having a great option at QB & having a young stud RB w/ a good change of pace option in McKissic. 

QBs C, D & E are the most expensive options. QB F is the cheapest & QB H is the 2nd cheapest.

I’m adding QBs ages bc @naptownskinsfan & @MikeT14 asked which should make people’s sections easier. This will the QBs age when they start the 2021 season.

QB 1: 37 years old, 67%, 3800 yds, 25 TDs, 10 ints

QB 2: 32 years old, 66%, 4000 yds, 24 TDs, 13 ints (will rush for 500 plus yards and 5 plus TDs too)

QB 3 : 25 years old, He costs mutilpe draft picks in multiple drafts & possibly one of our best players.

70%, 5050 yds, 40 TDs, 10 ints 

QB 4 : 28 years old, 68%, 5000 yds, 30 TDs, 12 ints

QB 5: 33 years old, He will cost multiple picks, possibly a 1st round pick, definitely at least a 2nd round pick and probably a mid or late round pick in this draft or next year.

64%, 4600 yds, 32 TDs, 10 ints

QB 6: 25 years old, 69%, 4200 yds, 25 TDs, 12 ints

QB 7: 24 years old, He will cost one pick in this years draft, either a 1st or 2nd.

60%, 4000 yds, 23 TDs, 15 ints 

QB 8: 28 years old, 62%, 4300 yds, 24 TDs, 11 ints 

QB 9: 27 years old, 67%, 4100 yds, 32 TDs, 14 ints

QB 10: 36 years old, He will cost one pick in this years draft, either a 1st or 2nd.

65%4600 yds, 27 TDs, 11 ints

QB 11: 32 years old, 64%, 4400 yds, 25 TDs, 9 ints (will rush for 500 plus yards and 5 plus TDs too)

Who do you want starting in 2021?

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@turtle28i would include ages as well. Big difference in trading for QB3 if he is 26 or 34, for example. 

But, that gives it away and this is supposed to be anonymous. And, people should be able to tell by what I wrote what the differences are between QB3, QB5 & QB7.

That’s the mystery, you have to think about it or try to figure it out.

I went QB 4 since it didn't cost any draft picks

I'd still take 3 but not sure which of our best players it was as in terms of leadership and skill I wouldn't get rid of Young and Terry where guys like Payne Gibson or Sweat I'd be a little more ok with

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly... none of them. They all threw too many INTs for my liking. 

Not too many QBs throw under 10 ints.  This is assuming our offense against throws the ball 600 times as it did last year. So, none of them have high interception %. Also, I probably went a little high on some of the ints bc I didn’t want to be too conservative about that.

7 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'd still take 3 but not sure which of our best players it was as in terms of leadership and skill I wouldn't get rid of Young and Terry where guys like Payne Gibson or Sweat I'd be a little more ok with

I did too. Did you select it on the poll?

I’ll reveal who each of them are in a few days when I think most people have gotten a time to comment.

11 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

If #3 is 25-26, I think that's an appropriate deal to give up to secure a top QB for the next decade, especially with the way the team is currently constructed.  I would probably view Payne or Allen as the player going in return.  I think we have to deal from our strength to make that happen. 

We've never really been able to say under Snyder that we've got QB settled for a decade, and know it.  QB is the Achilles Heel of this franchise, and at this point I would invest multiple first round picks to solve it if a QB like that is available. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If #3 is 25-26, I think that's an appropriate deal to give up to secure a top QB for the next decade, especially with the way the team is currently constructed.  I would probably view Payne or Allen as the player going in return.  I think we have to deal from our strength to make that happen. 

We've never really been able to say under Snyder that we've got QB settled for a decade, and know it.  QB is the Achilles Heel of this franchise, and at this point I would invest multiple first round picks to solve it if a QB like that is available. 

I'm assuming 3 is Watson,and I'll agree if you can trade Payne with the picks and get him you do it esp since we would still have Allen,Matty I.

Also think realistically we're forced to trade Payne next year anyways no way we ever keep all 4 of the top Dline with new contracts .

Back on Target of this thread yes @turtle28I voted 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm assuming 3 is Watson,and I'll agree if you can trade Payne with the picks and get him you do it esp since we would still have Allen,Matty I.

Also think realistically we're forced to trade Payne next year anyways no way we ever keep all 4 of the top Dline with new contracts .

Back on Target of this thread yes @turtle28I voted 

Thanks for voting!

Stats are great afterthought, but they never tell the whole story, imo.

Of course I want a QB that throws 40+ TD's & 10 or less int's.

But what about down by 6, with 3:00 minutes to go & with the ball.

Heinicke=Yes

Stafford=Yes

D. Watson= not enough info on my end

Cousins= Hell no!

Rodgers= of course

Brady= of course

Mahommes= of course

Prescott= No

Alex Smith= Yes

Etc....etc...

In all honesty, we should hold on to Heinicke & Stafford should be the only free agent vet, I would make a run at. (Presuming he's up for trade or released)

I would stay away from all the big names, that will cost way more to aquire.

I think Stafford could be obtained for what we paid for Alex Smith.

Which is way better than #19, 2nd rounder, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, chase Young, Terry Mclaurin, Deron Payne, Stadium Rights, our 3 SB trophies, etc....lol

Hotep Skins....errr WFT (Sorry I'm getting old and I've been calling them the Skins for 43 years LOL).

My buddy asked me to go to work on a Offseason for the Skins....and while I'm attempting to put it together, I need opinions and Input, so appoligies if I come in the room to float "Strange" questions from time to time. May I ask how the WFT fans feel about the follow QB's.

1. Josh Rosen, 2. Tyrod Taylor 3. Fitzpatrick 4. Jameis Winston.

And are you cool with bringing back Heinikei and Allen to "Further Develop" or have you guys seen enough to assess what your working with, with those 2?

Thanks to everyone in advance for their answers. 

Humbly Submitted DaWg_Lb.

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Skins....errr WFT (Sorry I'm getting old and I've been calling them the Skins for 43 years LOL).

My buddy asked me to go to work on a Offseason for the Skins....and while I'm attempting to put it together, I need opinions and Input, so appoligies if I come in the room to float "Strange" questions from time to time. May I ask how the WFT fans feel about the follow QB's.

1. Josh Rosen, 2. Tyrod Taylor 3. Fitzpatrick 4. Jameis Winston.

And are you cool with bringing back Heinikei and Allen to "Further Develop" or have you guys seen enough to assess what your working with, with those 2?

Thanks to everyone in advance for their answers. 

Humbly Submitted DaWg_Lb.

I’d sign Jameis Winston and I’d bring back both Allen & Heinicke to develop/compete for the back up job.

• Like 1