2020 QB options, you chose your QB

turtle28

Which QB do you want starting in 2021?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want starting in 2021?

• QB 1
    • QB 2
    • QB 3
    • QB 4
    • QB 5
    • QB 6
    • QB 7
    • QB 8
    • QB 9
    • QB 10
    • QB 11

This staff is so worried about a QB they forget the fact there’s 5 in this draft that you could legit develop on this team!!! Let the desperate teams chase the vets and allow some of these guys to fall. 2 of those guys could legit be drafted at natural selections ones a 1st rounder ones a 3rd. The other two you could move up for and 1 is going 1st overall. 

For the sake of the game I went 4. I’m pretty sure it’s Dak as those were his pace numbers if he didn’t get hurt and there’s no draft comp. if there’s one vet I’d go after it’s Dak. That is the only one that you only hurt one part of our future with and that’s the cap. But coming off injury I believe you can put language in the contract to protect you from future injury.

Ok, so remember these stats are best case scenario which never happens bc of injury or ineffectiveness which always happens but it’s hard to predict, and predicated that we throw the ball 600 time’s again in 2021 which could happen but I hope it doesn’t. Ok so here’s the reveal:

QB1: Alex Smith

QB2: Cam Newton

QB3: DeShaun Watson

QB4: Dak Prescott 

QB5: Matt Stafford

QB6: Kyle Allen

QB7: Sam Darnold

QB8: Taylor Heinicke 

QB9: Mitch Trubisky 

QB10: Matt Ryan

QB11: Tyrod Taylor

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Welp, Matt Stafford is now available. Give up pick 19 and our natural 3rd and be done with it. If Mayhew sells the farm and gives up players as well I’m gonna be pissed. 

Pissed for now, what if it leads to 10 plus wins next year? Will you still be upset?

One thing that keeps happening is that everybody has lots of strong opinions about what they don’t want to do — but very few people are expressing what they actually want. 

Don’t want to sell the franchise for Watson, don’t want to sign Prescott for $40M, don’t want to trade for Stafford, don’t want to do a big trade up for a project prospect, don’t want to draft Jones at 19. All of that is fine, but then you have to be willing to say that your choice is to make no meaningful upgrade at QB and to waste another season where it will be impossible for us to win. 

Maybe that’s where you are, which is fine. That may be the most prudent course. I’ve even suggested it at various times. But I think it’s important to call it what it is — punting next season. There’s not going to be some small investment we can make, a mid-round pick or a low-level veteran FA, that’s going to move the needle meaningfully from where we are now. We’ll again likely be topped out at the 7-8 win range, with no ability to beat the teams our defense will be ready to compete with.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think the Colts or Pats are more likely (and preferred by him and Lions) destinations 

Yikes. I mean I get it, it’s New England and Belichick and all that, but that roster is a barren wasteland. That’s looking like a full-scale rebuild at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

One thing that keeps happening is that everybody has lots of strong opinions about what they don’t want to do — but very few people are expressing what they actually want. 

Don’t want to sell the franchise for Watson, don’t want to sign Prescott for $40M, don’t want to trade for Stafford, don’t want to do a big trade up for a project prospect, don’t want to draft Jones at 19. All of that is fine, but then you have to be willing to say that your choice is to make no meaningful upgrade at QB and to waste another season where it will be impossible for us to win. 

Maybe that’s where you are, which is fine. That may be the most prudent course. I’ve even suggested it at various times. But I think it’s important to call it what it is — punting next season. There’s not going to be some small investment we can make, a mid-round pick or a low-level veteran FA, that’s going to move the needle meaningfully from where we are now. We’ll again likely be topped out at the 7-8 win range, with no ability to beat the teams our defense will be ready to compete with.

The only move I’m against is the Watson trade. I’d pay Dak and I’d make a big trade for Stafford. I’d also trade up for Lance or Wilson. With a defense like we have, you add a LB and a FS and were ready to roll. Go get the QB. 

• Like 1