2020 QB options, you chose your QB

turtle28

Which QB do you want starting in 2021?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want starting in 2021?

• QB 1
    • QB 2
    • QB 3
    • QB 4
    • QB 5
    • QB 6
    • QB 7
    • QB 8
    • QB 9
    • QB 10
    • QB 11

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The only move I’m against is the Watson trade. I’d pay Dak and I’d make a big trade for Stafford. I’d also trade up for Lance or Wilson. With a defense like we have, you add a LB and a FS and were ready to roll. Go get the QB. 

Agree with most this, I’d pay for Dak, wouldn’t do a blockbuster biggest give away trade of all time for Watson bc I think it will be too rich but if it’s not, I would do it. Like an RG3 trade is acceptable to me, but I think it will end up being more.

I’d trade fro Stafford but not two firsts. 

I’d trade up for Fields or Wilson, but not into the top 5, just the top 10. I wouldn’t trade up for Lance but if he’s available at 19 I’d strongly consider taking him depending on what other prospects are available.

Edited by turtle28

I’m not giving up a 1st for stafford, just not doing it..... 

my top options are.

Dak, Heinicke

Jaemis, Heinicke, Allen

Heinicke, Allen, Mond

trade up without giving a 1st next year and take Wilson with Heinicke and Allen

wait for Lance at 19 with Heinicke and Allen

or take Mac Jones in the 2nd with Heinicke and Allen

I want Heinicke back to either get a shot or be the #2. I want Allen back only if we don’t get a superstar starter

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Reports are Stafford wants to go to a contender. So IND, NE, NO, one other I missed. That puts WFT down the list. That makes me feel a bit better. 

I kind of agree.  I am less interested in Stafford now that Mayhew is here.  It feels like we would just be doing the whole bring the band back together thing. It feels like they would be forcing it based upon the relationship because I don't think he fits the turner offense that requires a mobile qb.

Like I said in the other thread, I am happy to get Stafford, but I don't want them to pull an Alex Smith and extend him.  2 years would be plenty.  We could always franchise tag him for a 3rd.  At that point we would be ready to move on.  If he wants some kind of 5 year biggie extension, then a hard pass.

49 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Dak, Heinicke

Jaemis, Heinicke, Allen

Heinicke, Allen, Mond

Personally, I don’t believe the bolded options will be possible. I think Dallas will secure Dak one way or the other before he hits UFA, I believe there will be no way to get up to Wilson without next year’s 1st, I don’t expect Lance to make it to 19, and I feel pretty confident that Jones will be gone before 51. 

Which leaves us with Jameis (and I can’t envision Rivera getting on board with all that) or Mond. The latter of which is basically equivalent to standing pat. 

Again, I’m not disagreeing with you on any of it. I just don’t think there is going to be a “comfortable” way to land a franchise QB here. Winning that game against the Eagles removed that possibility. So the question is whether there’s anybody we believe in enough to get “uncomfortable” for, in the sense that we’ll pay more than we’d like to in order to secure them, or whether we just sit tight and try again next year. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m not giving up a 1st for stafford, just not doing it..... 

my top options are.

Dak, Heinicke

Jaemis, Heinicke, Allen

Heinicke, Allen, Mond

I want Heinicke back to either get a shot or be the #2. I want Allen back only if we don’t get a superstar starter

Outside of getting lucky w/ Dak not re-signing, that looks like 8-8 at best w/ any of those QBs.

On 1/21/2021 at 12:39 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Skins....errr WFT (Sorry I'm getting old and I've been calling them the Skins for 43 years LOL).

My buddy asked me to go to work on a Offseason for the Skins....and while I'm attempting to put it together, I need opinions and Input, so appoligies if I come in the room to float "Strange" questions from time to time. May I ask how the WFT fans feel about the follow QB's.

1. Josh Rosen, 2. Tyrod Taylor 3. Fitzpatrick 4. Jameis Winston.

And are you cool with bringing back Heinikei and Allen to "Further Develop" or have you guys seen enough to assess what your working with, with those 2?

Thanks to everyone in advance for their answers. 

Humbly Submitted DaWg_Lb.

In order of preference?

Fitzmagic

Taylor

Winston

Rosen

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Outside of getting lucky w/ Dak not re-signing, that looks like 8-8 at best w/ any of those QBs.

idk man i mean we were 7-9 with 4 different qbs

akex smith was horrible and he won us some games. I think and avg qb could get us to 10 wins to be honest, you gotta think these guys have a season under their belt now. a MLB, FS, and WR along with an avg qb even boost this roster

Think the issue is we can get by with a avg not going to lose you the game not going to win it for you either guy like Alex(Think Tyrod is prob the FA that most fits that),but for us to take the next step we need a guy that can win some for us too which is why I don't mind trading for Stafford.

Think the next few months is going to be a wild ride,with lower Cap,4 QBs that could go top 10,a few starting QB wanting trades to see where it all ends up will be interesting.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, turtle28 said:

Ok, so remember these stats are best case scenario which never happens bc of injury or ineffectiveness which always happens but it’s hard to predict, and predicated that we throw the ball 600 time’s again in 2021 which could happen but I hope it doesn’t. Ok so here’s the reveal:

QB1: Alex Smith

QB2: Cam Newton

QB3: DeShaun Watson

QB4: Dak Prescott 

QB5: Matt Stafford

QB6: Kyle Allen

QB7: Sam Darnold

QB8: Taylor Heinicke 

QB9: Mitch Trubisky 

QB10: Matt Ryan

QB11: Tyrod Taylor

I missed this. So a lot of this was made up #'s and projections too? I had guessed Dak was #4 but I wasn't 100% sure.