Does Zach Ertz FINALLY Break Out? UPDATE: YES

Phire

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Zach ertz has already broken out. He's just a possession receiver and that's bores people that want more from him. 

He hasn’t put together an entire season of reliable possession receiver. He’s usually due to disappear or drop every pass for long stretches of the season.

I figured he'd be Wentz's safety net especially after the JM trade but the fact Ertz is actually producing this early in the season is IMO a Direct Correlation with him actualy being Healthy!

Past few years he's come into the season gimp or hampered by nagging TC Injuries but no one really wanted to hear it. Good to see.

He's third in the league among all receivers in receptions with 26....and fifth in yards with 326. Also he's averaging an actual impressive 12.54 yards a catch. 

He's leads all TEs in catches and yards. And his run blocking has improved significantly. 

At this point I'd take him over Jordan Reed for sure. Reed is great but Ertz looks like Derek Jeter health wise compared to him. He's like one concussion away from going full Ricky Jarrett. 

And he's easily a top 5 maybe top 3 TE right now. Helps that the position isn't booming with talent....and it seems like a lot of the best ones can never stay healthy at all (Reed, Gronk, Eifert)

Dude isn't Chad Lewis 2.0 (I lolled thinking back to that dude...such a old school white guy TE) whatsoever. 

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I heard some ridiculous stat dating back to the last 5 games or so of the season. He's got the most catches and yards in the NFL. 

Dude probably had the most catches the  last 4 games of the season for like the past 3 years. 

• 3 months later...

That move he put on Sendejo was straight nasty. My goodness. Hip discipline ftw. Ertz lived up to his expections, and has an uncanny bond with any of our QBs.

And when he hauls in tuddies, we really ball. Saw a stat yesterday that mentioned we’re 7-0 when Ertz has a TD catch in a game this season. 

Archived