Does Zach Ertz FINALLY Break Out? UPDATE: YES

Phire

12 hours ago, Danger said:

I've never much paid attention to him on this front, but how is his blocking?

Not good enough to where he comes off the field in obvious blocking situations. Getting better though.

11 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Improved. He's not on Celek's level yet but he's a far cry from the Gronks and Jimmy Graham's of the world that don't know how to spell block.

Gronk may not know how to spell block, but he definitely knows how to do it.

32 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Agholor on that play. :D

I'm actually impressed that he came all the way from the other side of the field. Matthews was in the slot and gave up on the play and made no attempt to block. But yeah Nelson still had pretty much no effect lol.

11 minutes ago, Phire said:

I'm actually impressed that he came all the way from the other side of the field. Matthews was in the slot and gave up on the play and made no attempt to block. But yeah Nelson still had pretty much no effect lol.

It was Huff I was looking at actually, got the two mixed up. He got absolutely truck sticked, probably OPI too.

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

It was Huff I was looking at actually, got the two mixed up. He got absolutely truck sticked, probably OPI too.

Ah yeah I saw that too. But Agholor also got rag-dolled on the same play at the end :S

37 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Wasn't that Leodis McKelvin? 

lol yes. And as much as I'd want to see Ertz actually LOOK for the contact instead of shying away and falling down after a catch, that was all Leodis taking horrible technique more than it was Ertz powering through. Ertz just got a little lower pad level on Leodis and he just got stuck in between. Basically Leodis made Ertz look beasty there. 

But point is, Ertz has to realize he's bigger than everyone in the secondary and can man handle these guys. I've watched a decade of Witten taking gang tackles 5 yards further after first contact. I don't know what's so difficult. Just man up. 

• 1 month later...

Archived