Former Packers GM Ted Thompson passes away at age 68

deltarich87

Brought so much to this organization. Always stayed consistent, even at times we as a fan base thought he should do more. So sad to know how sick he got so fast. From all accounts a great man, and I'm so proud it's people like him who have run our franchise. RIP TT. I hope this brings some fire to the boys on the team he picked. Lets get one for Teddy! 

ted-thompson-aaron-rodgers-1557337344.jp

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

This hits hard, right in the center of my stomach.  I grew to appreciate Ted even more after he left, which may seem strange, but hearing this news today feels like we collectively missed an opportunity to let him know how deeply appreciative we all are for his love and exceptional care of our beloved organization.  Damn man.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wilde is an emotional dude but that’s hard to hear from someone who got to have that conversation with Ted in person that the Packers were his life.

I think it’s like what Wilde said. It’s sad to think that any GB fans would have any bad or terrible thing to say or think about Ted...

But to his point, no one really knew him in the fan base. For most he was the GM that was wasting the hall of fame QB HE got us because he was so stubborn to his draft and develop philosophy.

Fact is I think looking back on his tenure... I don’t know many rational fans that would not say he was a massive success and if this was his life’s work, he will be remembered for it because he did a heck of a job.