Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Steelers get their successor to Big Ben. 

That’s a huge stretch. They are bringing him to see if he can be the successor, so they won’t have to use a 1st Round Pick in 2022 on a QB, but I’m sure the Steelers FO knows Haskins has a much less than 50% chance of panning out. 

If Haskins doesn’t look good in relief for Ben in 2021, his career is completely over, and Steelers will draft a QB in 2022. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A roster spot that could've gone to literally anyone else?

I mean... it's the offseason for all but 4 teams.  He can be cut at any point between now and when teams have to finalize 53-man rosters.  Which is like, forever away.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow. I love this.

I know in your narrow-minded world, this signing means we are bringing him in to be Ben's successor, when in reality, its an early offseason signing of a backup in anticipation of the probable loss of Josh Dobbs, and can easily be cut at any point before next season if we find something better. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, 43M said:

I know in your narrow-minded world, this signing means we are bringing him in to be Ben's successor, when in reality, its an early offseason signing of a backup in anticipation of the probable loss of Josh Dobbs, and can easily be cut at any point before next season if we find something better. 

I'm aware of that. Still a hilarious signing, though.