Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins

RaidersAreOne

On 1/21/2021 at 1:00 PM, BayRaider said:

That’s a huge stretch. They are bringing him to see if he can be the successor, so they won’t have to use a 1st Round Pick in 2022 on a QB, but I’m sure the Steelers FO knows Haskins has a much less than 50% chance of panning out. 

If Haskins doesn’t look good in relief for Ben in 2021, his career is completely over, and Steelers will draft a QB in 2022. 

I know.  I was just giving Steelers fans a hard time.  :D  It was actually nice of the Steelers to bring him in and give him a shot at keeping his career alive. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

Who knows, @Uncle Buck. He might be better than Big Ben right now. Ben is currently doing his best imitation of Brett Favre.

INT.. INT.. INT.. INT..  😁

Not even close.

Ben has notably declined, but he is still a much better QB option than Haskins.     Thats not really debatable.  

Now, obviously Haskins still has upside and Ben is just going to keep declining, so if the stars aligned he could be better....but its doubtful.   Very, very doubtful.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 43M said:

Not even close.

Ben has notably declined, but he is still a much better QB option than Haskins.     Thats not really debatable.  

Now, obviously Haskins still has upside and Ben is just going to keep declining, so if the stars aligned he could be better....but its doubtful.   Very, very doubtful.  

Even with upside, Based on what Haskins has shown thus far in his career, his ceiling is still not even at the level of a declining Ben at his age.   

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Pretty wild the rams gave up 2 1sts for Stafford, some team is gonna give up more for Watson and Rodgers, but the Steelers got Haskins for free 

Or the chiefs paying mahomes half a billion, when they could’ve paid me half a million. 

some teams just don’t know what they’re doing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

Or the chiefs paying mahomes half a billion, when they could’ve paid me half a million. 

some teams just don’t know what they’re doing 

I’d still take Mahomes. His concussion only took him out for a couple days. 

Low risk ... High reward. How important is change of scenery? Very. He has to do better though and grow up fast. Meyer already told all the scouts he knew haskins was not ready...too immature indeed..I mean he came to DC and gets caught smoking weed with women outside a bar..then gets into a love triangle because him and another player are with the same girl....he even brings that issue on the field...oh wait...that was his coach lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣