Steelers to sign QB Dwayne Haskins

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Any chance this was intended to nudge Ben a bit?

Haskins isn’t a viable starter right now and I don’t see that changing any time soon. I’d say this has exactly nothing to do with Ben. 

I don’t hate it, I don’t expect anything from him but the risk vs reward is worth giving it a shot.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Any chance this was intended to nudge Ben a bit?

where would it nudge him?  Haskins is not the answer , at least in his current ability.  He has decent accuracy and arm strength.  His decision making is average at best.  He needs to get his mechanics straightened out and grow up fast.  If the Steelers could move Dobb's brain into Haskin's body they might have something.

• Like 2

Not a terrible move if it happens. He has talent, but he needed more than WFT gave him. He also, like @jebrick stated above, needs to grow up. Washington was a bad situation for some like Haskins. Maybe he just needed more structure? Either way, I'm agnostic on the potential signing. He could be good or bad. We'll just have to see. 

It's no brainier after he made it through waivers. Coach Meyer said it himself self..he was too young with very little experience. The WFT did not listen...they threw him in there and he showed he was too immature on and off the field. He should have never been out there. Same thing for next year...after that it's no risk and possibly a reward. 

He hasn't shown the capacity to put football first.
As his former teammate Alex Smith said (about him) 
"You don't have a chance if you don't put the distractions away".

My biggest worry is that at a time when we need leadership
and focus, we're bringing in the opposite. I know it's an upside 
"no risk' move financially. I know he's actually got talent, but we need
people who are dedicated and hard working.

When I hear Haskins and Hue Jackson in the same offseason as
potential additions - it's worries me about which direction we're
heading.

I’m hoping the shock of being cut woke him up. Sometimes when you think you’re at the top of the world the only thing to bring reality back is getting the rug yanked out from underneath you. Hopefully he understands this MAY be his only chance to get back where he wants to be, grows up, and works hard to get it back.