Pete Morelli Ref Crew vs Eagles

Chiefer

56 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Or...  The Panthers are the least penalized team in the league. But let’s keep running away with this meaningless statistic since there is no context with it...

No context?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/10/13/16468440/eagles-pete-morelli-crew-beat-panthers-philadelphia-carolina-officiating-flags-calls-stats-nfl

What? Maybe watch the game? No team is "clean" enough to not commit a single penalty in regular play. Common sense would tell you that.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No context?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/10/13/16468440/eagles-pete-morelli-crew-beat-panthers-philadelphia-carolina-officiating-flags-calls-stats-nfl

What? Maybe watch the game? No team is "clean" enough to not commit a single penalty in regular play. Common sense would tell you that.

I'm from Philadelphia. I read Bleeding Green Nation. It's garbage. And the fact that NBC Sports Philadelphia has gone with this story is crap too.

Stats without contact are garbage... For instance, the Eagles played the Panthers (Least Penalized) and Lions (6th Least Penalized) in the last 2 Morelli games. Meanwhile, over that span Philadelphia has been the 8th Most Penalized Team in the league in the Pederson era. But context doesn't matter when we can just blame the refs because well... That's what we do in Philadelphia. Sorry, my FB timeline has been blown up with this crap all week and I'm tired of making this same argument. Its not Morelli's fault that the Eagles are undisciplined.  Just like it's nobody's fault that Pittsburgh is the 12th Most Penalized team during that time span.

50 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm from Philadelphia. I read Bleeding Green Nation. It's garbage. And the fact that NBC Sports Philadelphia has gone with this story is crap too.

Stats without contact are garbage... For instance, the Eagles played the Panthers (Least Penalized) and Lions (6th Least Penalized) in the last 2 Morelli games. Meanwhile, over that span Philadelphia has been the 8th Most Penalized Team in the league in the Pederson era. But context doesn't matter when we can just blame the refs because well... That's what we do in Philadelphia. Sorry, my FB timeline has been blown up with this crap all week and I'm tired of making this same argument. Its not Morelli's fault that the Eagles are undisciplined.  Just like it's nobody's fault that Pittsburgh is the 12th Most Penalized team during that time span.

Carolina being penalized less than the Eagles on the season doesn't mean that the refs didn't disproportionately get us on penalties when they weren't penalties and not get the Panthers on stuff that were penalties.

But, believe what you want to believe.

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

So basically you just highlight what helps your argument and ignore anything that doesn't. Nice.

If you want proof that the game was not called even remotely balanced, go watch the game. I am not saying the penalties on the Eagles were inaccurate, they mostly made sense. It was the complete lack of penalties called on the Panthers for doing the exact same things we were getting penalized for.

Those tweets are facts. Not some fan made bs argument that can be easily argued against, facts. "Oh, but the Eagles just commit lots of penalties so your argument doesn't matter." If that is what you are going to say, go watch the game and show me that the Panthers didn't commit a single penalty in normal play that was noticeable or worth being called. Or at least go and compare our penalties for and against with other refs in the league. I guarantee you will find much different numbers if you do that.

Honestly the fact that you would even argue that the referees were balanced in that game after looking at the penalty stats is laughable and shows you have either not thought critically about the likelihood of those stats being accurate, or you are biased towards your conclusion in some fashion.

5 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Dude, honestly, are you trolling Philly fans for fun or all this time have you just secretly been stupid? 

There have been TONS of instances where one team that was penalized the least in the league played a team that was one of the bottom 1/3 in terms of being penalized.

The disparity of flags thrown for us And Detroit/Carolina doesnt have just some black and white answer.

Do you know the likelihood of a game having such a large disparity in penalties is? 

0.5 percent. (and when I say disparity I mean 90+ yards compared to 20 or less yards, because there actually is no data for this past game due to the fact that IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL UP UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT). So the first 3 games, the odds of the penalty difference being so large were 0.5% (not even gonna try to figure out the odds of it being the same team with the same refs since were talking about something that has never happened before). And then the Carolina game was an even BIGGER difference in penalties yards. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that this is simply because of coincidence or because one team was more disciplined.

I get it. Ignorance is bliss, truly. But I hate how any time the mention of any sort of ref fixing games comes up, or even refs simply just purposefully calling games based on their human inability to be completely objective, all the same morons go up in arms and simply say that person is whining.

Ever heard of Tim Donaghy? Remember that one guy oh Pete Rose. These things happened and they still do. Am I saying that the Eagles Panthers game or the Lions game were fixed? No..

I'm simply explaining to the inexplicably narrow minded folks here thatwith  the Eagles and Morelli, it is very likely that something dirty has been going on. 

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So basically you just highlight what helps your argument and ignore anything that doesn't. Nice.

If you want proof that the game was not called even remotely balanced, go watch the game. I am not saying the penalties on the Eagles were inaccurate, they mostly made sense. It was the complete lack of penalties called on the Panthers for doing the exact same things we were getting penalized for.

Those tweets are facts. Not some fan made bs argument that can be easily argued against, facts. "Oh, but the Eagles just commit lots of penalties so your argument doesn't matter." If that is what you are going to say, go watch the game and show me that the Panthers didn't commit a single penalty in normal play that was noticeable or worth being called. Or at least go and compare our penalties for and against with other refs in the league. I guarantee you will find much different numbers if you do that.

Honestly the fact that you would even argue that the referees were balanced in that game after looking at the penalty stats is laughable and shows you have either not thought critically about the likelihood of those stats being accurate, or you are biased towards your conclusion in some fashion.

He's a steelers fan in Philadelphia, he makes it his job to try and do anything he can to find something negative about the Eagles and always has.

At a certain point, when the stats are presented as they are here, it goes beyond "Well maybe such and such team is just more disciplined...". That seems to me, a cop out. There's no way you can actually justify that amount of penalty yardage disparity stemming from an officiating crew, and in the context it shouldn't be hard to compare how Morelli's crew penalizes the Eagles vs. how every other crew does.

There is an obvious problem there, and IMO, Pete Morelli shouldn't be officiating Eagles games.

9 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

At a certain point, when the stats are presented as they are here, it goes beyond "Well maybe such and such team is just more disciplined...". That seems to me, a cop out. There's no way you can actually justify that amount of penalty yardage disparity stemming from an officiating crew, and in the context it shouldn't be hard to compare how Morelli's crew penalizes the Eagles vs. how every other crew does.

There is an obvious problem there, and IMO, Pete Morelli shouldn't be officiating Eagles games.

In 2016 at Detroit,

The Eagles were called for 14 penalties and 111 yards. They averaged the rest of the season 6.7 Penalties for 73 yards per game.
(7.3 more penalties and 38 more yards than the season average)

The Lions were called for 2 penalties for 18 yards. Their opponents averaged the rest of the season 6 Penalties for 51 yards per game.
(4 fewer penalties and 33 yards fewer than the season average)

This season vs against the Panthers
The Eagles were called for 10 penalties for 126 yards. They average the season at  7 penalties for 65 yards.
(3 more penalties for 61 more yards than the season average)

The Panthers were called for 1 penalty for 1 yard, The average the rest of the season for Eagles opponents is 6.6 Penalties for 58 yards.
(5.6 fewer penalties for 57 fewer yards)

Yeah given those numbers it's clearly biased, or just terrible officiating. I'd like to know the previous two games Morelli has reffed for us so I can do those compared to seasonal averages as well.

2 hours ago, Blaaaaaah said:

No one has even brought up the disgustingly awful fumble call from the Lions game..

You mean the fact that it was on Jason Kelce's thigh while he was touching out of bounds, but it was still ruled in play for the lions to recover? Oh I'm aware.

2 hours ago, Blaaaaaah said:

No one has even brought up the disgustingly awful fumble call from the Lions game..

I've tried to erase it from my memory tbh

It was maybe a season altering play. Had the call been correctly ruled as Mathews being down, then we would have won the game. Instead, the Lions won the first of 6 more losses in 1 score games.

Also, don't be surprised if we hear some news about Morelli this week. Maybe a statement from the NFL or news that Howie or Lurie want the league to look into Morelli more or something along those lines. 

Apparently the team was aware even before this game that Morelli had a habit of calling games very poorly against us

Archived