Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

I feel for Duce. Former and current players love him, and I wouldn't have minded giving him a chance especially considering there was rumors that he impressed Lurie with his potential staff choices. Duce probably thought Doug was a moron  😂

If this is the end of his time in Philly, thank you Duce, will definitely be missed.

I'd be happy to never see Duce's name mentioned with the Eagles again. The blind affinity this fan base has for former players is unbelievable. Under no circumstances did Duce Staley ever deserve to be the head coach other then the fact that he played here. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't rule out Duce maybe being OC, certainly far from a sure bet though. Sirianni is more intune with the Passing game, having Duce's knowledge of the running game could be a good balance.

Could see him doing that with Indy too.
He's gotta get an OC job somewhere to get a real shot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Agreed. That would be awesome I think. He might want to bounce being how many times he’s been passed up though 

No other team is even considering him as a candidate though so he can't be that upset that he isn't getting the job. Imo the Texans should interview Duce, he is a better fit there than here with all the stuff going on in that front office...

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Brady would have been a year early, but I think he is going to be a great head coach down the line and our 2021 season is looking bad as is so I was good on the sacrifice...

I like this hire though, good blend of what we need. He needs a good staff though. 

My thoughts exactly. 2021 is doomed anyway, let Brady use it as a learning experience and go into 2022 in a better place.

• Like 1

Just now, DeJack_10 said:

I mean he survived 2 HC changes, heading to his 3rd now. I would definitely be open to that, personally. I want to see him get some coordinator experience and be a HC someday.

Don't get me wrong, I like Duce to, he (and Dawk) were the first Jerseys I ever owned. But like I said in NFL News, being a Run-game oriented guy makes you much less desirable for a top gig in today's NFL. 

It's kinda like majoring in architecture and then being surprised when you don't land that STEM job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

From a nfl source “fairly smart but not very smart” lol...

seems like a lateral move, and I don’t think he has what it takes to be a great one.

What do you know that we don't know? None of us know if he will or won't. I was willing to give me a shot and now he's getting the shot. No sense bashing or being negative about it. He's our coach and we should support him till he proves otherwise

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

What do you know that we don't know? None of us know if he will or won't. I was willing to give me a shot and now he's getting the shot. No sense bashing or being negative about it. He's our coach and we should support him till he proves otherwise

He's just mad we didn't hire Joe Brady after only being a year removed from being a passing game coordinator at the college level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'd be happy to never see Duce's name mentioned with the Eagles again. The blind affinity this fan base has for former players is unbelievable. Under no circumstances did Duce Staley ever deserve to be the head coach other then the fact that he played here. 

He's a good RB coach, which is better than most ex players can say.
But yeah was a jump to put him in that head job. Would've been on the level of Harbaugh and the Ravens more than anything.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

He's a good RB coach, which is better than most ex players can say.
But yeah was a jump to put him in that head job. Would've been on the level of Harbaugh and the Ravens more than anything.

If Duce was the candidate that most of this fan base thinks he is, he would've been either in high demand to be a HC/OC or he would've been hired as an OC by now. The only people who view Duce in such a light are the fans of this team. 

• Like 2