Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach

Kiltman

12 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I would've taken Jason Garret over Josh McDaniels. 

TBH - Jason Garrett would have been an absolute perfect hire for you guys.

1. He is really good at creating a positive culture.

2. He is good at drafting and developing talent. 90% of the drafts under him landed an all pro. 

3. He managed to take us out of cap hell and to the playoffs in 2 years. 

4. He also purged our entire roster aside from Romo/Witten/Bryant. Making us young and cheap. 

5. He is a really likable/good human. He is also extremely stable and knows how to be boring as F to the media (a good thing, no drama).

6. Once he fixes your team, he is an easy scape goat to fire and replace someone who can push the roster further. 

I am curious to see how this new coaching staff approaches the WR issue. It probably depends on if they want to take Chase or Smith with that 1st rounder. But right now, the WR room is Reagor, JJAW, Fulgham, Hightower, Watkins, Goodwin (lol he's still here too). I expect them to move on from AJ, possibly/probably? Goodwin and I really hope Desean retires as an Eagle. Dude comes back from an injury and gets a cheap shot on a punt return and is out again for basically the rest of the season. If his last pass caught was that 81 yd bomb for the TD I am totally fine with that.

Should be an interesting TC/Preseason. Hopefully we can get good looks at all of these guys in preseason (and whoever else we bring in)

I woke up today ready to be on board with this hire. I trust Luries ability to hire candidates. I really want to see how he builds the staff out. Wonder if he runs what Frank does or comes with a new scheme ? I like that he’s a players coach and seems fun and will create a fun environment. But I think he’s the type of coach to need a home run hire as a DC to be very successful. I compare this to Lefleur hire, same amount of experience 

8 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I do like he won’t have a wr running a streak every play like Doug since we led the league in streaks per play. No wonder why we led the league in sacks 

Maybe Doug was doing that to set up Defenses being honest in 2021 (not knowing he'd be fired). Doug was out here playing 4D chess

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

TBH - Jason Garrett would have been an absolute perfect hire for you guys.

1. He is really good at creating a positive culture.

2. He is good at drafting and developing talent. 90% of the drafts under him landed an all pro. 

3. He managed to take us out of cap hell and to the playoffs in 2 years. 

4. He also purged our entire roster aside from Romo/Witten/Bryant. Making us young and cheap. 

5. He is a really likable/good human. He is also extremely stable and knows how to be boring as F to the media (a good thing, no drama).

6. Once he fixes your team, he is an easy scape goat to fire and replace someone who can push the roster further. 

Hard Hard Hard Hard Hard pass... We like to actually win playoff games here Matts! 

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah like Mike McCarthy

I mean, McCarthy has a long track record of being with superbowl caliber teams. So lets give it a few seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Hard Hard Hard Hard Hard pass... We like to actually win playoff games here Matts! 

Well thats not happening anytime soon. Im just saying, Garrett is an excellent builder. He just lacks the chops to push you over the edge. 

I'm Blah on the hire. Absolutely hated, despised the Doug Pederson hire and happily ate crow few years later.

This screams desperation trying to recreate Frank Reich type success and relationship with Wentz. Just because he was on the staff doesn't mean it will translate the same.  However I am in favor of trying anything to get Wentz back on the right track. So Kudos!

As for a staff, curious if Stout returns? Not sure if he has any type of relation with Nick , would he even want to return? Duce, I couldn't care less. Stay  , don't, makes no difference to me.

Guess we'll see?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Matts trying to suggest the 👏👏👏 as a better/real option hoping we too stay 8-8 type average for another decade. 👍

Somebody didnt get to point #6. Whomever you guys were to hired isnt lasting more than 3 seasons IMO. Im just saying Garrett would be an awesome 3 year coach for an old team that has cap, culture and talent problems. 

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

I like Hightower too. Had those dropsies early on but his deep speed alone is what offenses need to keep secondaries honest. I was sad when his usage just dropped off a cliff right after that Baltimore game.

He can't track a ball, can't catch for ****. I'm not sure what there is to like about him as a receiver.