Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think there's a good chance we just hired a pretty good coach, it's just a matter of how hamstrung he his to Howies personell decisions. Hopefully in a year Howie is gone and New Saint Nick gets control over who gets drafted to this team. And obviously he needs to bring in a decent staff.

Hopefully we have a really strong draft class this year and our players that underperformed from last years drafts look better.... If Howie isn't going today I want him to succeed going forward at least, even if I doubt it happens.

I feel kinda bad for Duce. He's been with us through the Reid, Kelly, and Pederson eras. He's done great with his position group getting the most out of his guys. Feel like if he would've went to KC with Reid he might've already got a chance to help with play calling like Pederson, Nagy, Bieniemy, etc have during his tenure there. I want him to stay with us if possible. I think having his presence in the locker room will get a lot of the vets and guys that might be disgruntled or not the happiest with recent events to buy in from day 1. I feel like Sirianni is walking into a team with aging guys on the way out and a lot of young players that will be surmising more and more as this off-season plays out. He's a first time head coach and Duce's leadership and respect he commands could be a huge hand in helping Sirianni to get everyone behind him. Also, the hope would be that Duce can help as offensive coordinator to get Siranni offense back on track after an abysmal year. If Duce can do that I think he'll get his shot for head coach somewhere. I wonder if Frank Reich could try and poach Staley for his offensive coordinator position that exists now with Siranni's departure.